Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Deleting Posts

Re: Deleting Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    That's a textbook example of the kind of post that leaps off of the page when ORG members discuss posting history during the voting process.
    I didnt even mean it that badly. I mean it like a couple mods act like gods and any communication with them ends with them completely going nuts on you about something.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    you clearly have never been given a warning and then exchanged pms with certain mods.
    Most don't shoot off profanity laced tirades in response to a warning.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

you clearly have never been given a warning and then exchanged pms with certain mods.
    You are correct.

However, I must not have done anything warranting a warning, either. I think everyone would do well to not only remember that this site is a privilege, not a right; and then go over and look at Reds.com and similar boards to see just how fun it is at boards where everyone gets to go free-for-all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    You are correct.

However, I must not have done anything warranting a warning, either. I think everyone would do well to not only remember that this site is a privilege, not a right; and then go over and look at Reds.com and similar boards to see just how fun it is at boards where everyone gets to go free-for-all.
    The problem im bringing up has nothing to do with me warranting a warning. I have 2 warnings and I see post 10 times worse than my 2 warnings on a daily basis around here by prominent members and even mods and if they were given warnings every time they made the post they would have been gone months ago. I had conversations with mods so bad that if I could ignore a certain one I would. My complaint isnt about all mods its just the switch they flip from warning and unwillingness to even give you responses on why you got it are totally out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Most don't shoot off profanity laced tirades in response to a warning.
    No they just resort to insults and more threats of future warnings if you dont just sit back and take it.

GIDP,

It sounds like you'd be happier if you weren't here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    GIDP,

Yes it does, so that makes me question why he/she would continue to hang around here if it's that miserable an experience.

No they just resort to insults and more threats of future warnings if you dont just sit back and take it.
    Agreed, I have twice been personally attacked by a Mod and when I took the issue private it was basically ignored. I know the mods work for free but the same rules should apply to them also.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Here's an idea, if you have problems with a mod, a) let another mod know b) let Boss know.

There's a list of mods on the bottom of the main page.

Here's an idea, if you have problems with a mod, a) let another mod know b) let Boss know.

There's a list of mods on the bottom of the main page.
    I agree with that, though I'd add GIK, too, to your second point.

Maybe it should be pointed out too that since mods generally don't discuss specific actions publicly, it's essentially wild supposition to argue that there is a significant inconsistency in moderation on redszone such that some users are unfairly moderated while other individuals are given much greater latitude.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Hmm, I have been kicking this around a bit as I read it and have an opinion so I'll run it up the flag pole...

About content - It's RZ's stated vision to be a family friendly site that includes minors both male and female and adult women. Now if your buddy said something provocative about the opposite sex in front of your 15 year old daughter you wouldn't take kindly to it and promptly warn him in one way or another. Perhaps less of us wouldn't mind as much if it were our son but I would guess we would still rather our buddy not talk that way in front of impressionable youth. Since none of us (I think) have been women it's also unfair to suppose it's ok to speak that way in front of them as well, just ask them how they feel about it. All in all Boss, Gik and the mods are the landlords and supers of RZ but as tenants we all have a say and a responsibility to each other and most things shouldn't be off limits to discuss in a reasonable manner. But hanging out on the stoop and objectifying women loudly and proudly with my daughter sitting in our 1st floor window isn't one of them. What kind of neighborhood/building do you want to live in?

I should probably add that this opinion comes from a guy who is guilty of objectifying women, cussing like a sailor and all around crude behavior. But I try to watch my tongue around women and children because although I do it I can see why others shouldn't have to listen to it. What Baumer said or HLM21 doesn't bother me on a personal level but I know for a fact that it would bother me if my neice just so happened to be a poster on this site but she isn't much of a baseball fan. My even younger nephew though may be a poster on here one day and i'd prefer he not walk the same path I have I'm not super proud of it but he doesn't need my hangups if it can be helped.

About the mods - Have had warnings, deserved them and beyond that haven't had any problems with any mod or Boss or Gik. I do believe in some degree of latitude with regards to discussion as I have previously mentioned. But it's like carpeting my apartment ultimately that's the landlords say and the super can't give me permission to change it but they can penalize me if I go ahead and do it without permission of the landlord.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 11-04-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

GIDP,

I dont know why it sounds like that. I brought up one issue. I dont like the chicken wraps at gold star does that mean I should never eat a cheese coney?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Maybe it should be pointed out too that since mods generally don't discuss specific actions publicly, it's essentially wild supposition to argue that there is a significant inconsistency in moderation on redszone such that some users are unfairly moderated while other individuals are given much greater latitude.
    Well based on how quickly I have been reported for something before and something that was ultimately nonsense because it was for baiting by replying to a baiting/name calling post by an officer. Maybe its just mods looking the other way? or members looking the other way? I dont know I just know if everyone got reported and warned as quickly as I did there would be a lot of people banned breaking rule 6 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yes it does, so that makes me question why he/she would continue to hang around here if it's that miserable an experience.
    My issue is with 1 thing about this board. I dont have a problem with the board so much that I never want to be around. Heck its a good board and if there was a better one Id go with it and deal with the things I dislike about it also. Its not so black and white and I dont know why you guys want to make it seem like this.

Turn Off Ads?