Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Deleting Posts

Re: Deleting Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Well based on how quickly I have been reported for something before and something that was ultimately nonsense because it was for baiting by replying to a baiting/name calling post by an officer. Maybe its just mods looking the other way? or members looking the other way? I dont know I just know if everyone got reported and warned as quickly as I did there would be a lot of people banned breaking rule 6 for sure.
    Jerry Hairston Jr has a career OPS in the ALCS that is .331 pts higher than Reggie Jackson's. Does that mean Jerry Hairston is the real Mr. October?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Here's an idea, if you have problems with a mod, a) let another mod know b) let Boss know.

There's a list of mods on the bottom of the main page.
    Not worth it considering my past experiences. Like I said its my only real complaint and I thought since we were bringing things up i would bring mine up. No harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Jerry Hairston Jr has a career OPS in the ALCS that is .331 pts higher than Reggie Jackson's. Does that mean Jerry Hairston is the real Mr. October?
    I really dont see the connection to what you are saying and what I'm saying. Its more like Greg Maddux strike zone compared to a rookies maybe. Really I just want to drop the whole discussion because its probably getting me into even more trouble with mods. I know I already have one enemy among them.

Not worth it considering my past experiences. Like I said its my only real complaint and I thought since we were bringing things up i would bring mine up. No harm no foul.
    You've basically criticized the structural soundness of a house but qualified the complaint with a "no biggie though"....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I really dont see the connection to what you are saying and what I'm saying. Its more like Greg Maddux strike zone compared to a rookies maybe. Really I just want to drop the whole discussion because its probably getting me into even more trouble with mods. I know I already have one enemy among them.
    The point was that you're the drawing the apparent distinction between strikezones from an untenably small number of pitches.

You've basically criticized the structural soundness of a house but qualified the complaint with a "no biggie though"....
    I can deal with them and i already have learned how to and its by basically ignoring them when they speak to me in a simple way of putting it. The rules are a fine but the people who hand out the warnings sometimes aren't. I didn't know 1 or 2 mods are the whole foundation of the site. Like I said the issue isnt something that worth getting into this big stink about. It wasnt intended to be this big of a deal and I'm sorry that it did become that. I honestly should have known better.

The point was that you're the drawing the apparent distinction between strikezones from an untenably small number of pitches.
    Hey if you felt like you were getting squeezed wouldnt you get a little annoyed? I see game threads of people flipping out over our pitchers getting squeezed all the time. So what maybe I cant see how often people get reported. Maybe my issue is with the people who dont report? Heck maybe im just imagining the rules being broke and im completely off base. I'm fine with being wrong and if I am then I am so sorry.

I can deal with them and i already have learned how to and its by basically ignoring them when they speak to me in a simple way of putting it. The rules are a fine but the people who hand out the warnings sometimes aren't. I didn't know 1 or 2 mods are the whole foundation of the site. Like I said the issue isnt something that worth getting into this big stink about. It wasnt intended to be this big of a deal and I'm sorry that it did become that. I honestly should have known better.
    In the metaphor, the site administrators frame the house, we provide the content (in other words, we make the house a home). Without the foundation, walls, roof etc, the content of the house would be much different.

In the metaphor, the site administrators frame the house, we provide the content (in other words, we make the house a home). Without the foundation, walls, roof etc, the content of the house would be much different.
    I dont see it that way at all.

Nobody's perfect and that includes the moderators. Some moderators have some biases and will let some post slide by while clamping down on others. That's the way human nature is and you can't do too much about it. For example there are a couple obvious political post in this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79217 that you can see that a few moderators have read but for some reason they didn't feel the need to put the clamp down on. I can assure you, these same moderators, would be clamping down on a similar posting from the other side of the political spectrum. But as long as most of the board and Boss and GIK are happy with them, that's the way it has to be.

If it was my decision I would rotate moderators; change them out every quarter. Moderating in a burden, and I'm not sure why anyone would want to hang on to it for a long period of time and take the abuse from us. I guess you have to look in a mirror and honestly ask yourself as a moderator if you are truly being 'fair and balance'.
    Last edited by RBA; 11-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.

As we've always asked, please report posts you feel clearly violate the rules of the board.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Nobody's perfect and that includes the moderators. Some moderators have some biases and will let some post slide by while clamping down on others. That's the way human nature is and you can't do too much about it. For example there are a couple obvious political post in this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79217 that you can see that a few moderators have read but for some reason they didn't feel the need to put the clamp down on. I can assure you, these same moderators, would be clamping down on a similar posting from the other side of the political spectrum. But as long as most of the board and Boss and GIK are happy with them, that's the way it has to be.

If it was my decision I would rotate moderators; change them out every quarter. Moderating in a burden, and I'm not sure why anyone would want to hang on to it for a long period of time and take the abuse from us. I guess you have to look in a mirror and honestly ask yourself as a moderator if you are truly being 'fair and balance'.
    How are those posts obviously political? Not to derail the thread, but I'm certain you're referring to my post in there and it's not political, it's about my disdain for Baldwin. I'm not sure how that's construed as a political reference.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    How are those posts obviously political? Not to derail the thread, but I'm certain you're referring to my post in there and it's not political, it's about my disdain for Baldwin. I'm not sure how that's construed as a political reference.
    "Allow me to express my complete and utter disdain for everything Baldwin. I believe those brothers (but Alec more than any of them) to be the most ignorant, closed-minded individual(s) in the world."

Maybe because Baldwin is a KNOWN for his liberal views and we have the Canada crack later down in the thread.

Now why should he have moved to Canada?

You guys are pretty good in talking in code, I'll grant that.

Similar post stated about a personality on the right would be immediately removed.

"Allow me to express my complete and utter disdain for everything Baldwin. I believe those brothers (but Alec more than any of them) to be the most ignorant, closed-minded individual(s) in the world."

Maybe because Baldwin is a KNOWN for his liberal views and we have the Canada crack later down in the thread.

Similar post stated about a personality on the right would be immediately removed.
    I dunno, Rush Limbaugh has taken his fair share of pounding in the archives....

http://www.redszone.com/forums/searc...earchid=394329

Rather than speaking in code, I think sometimes people can squint real hard to see the code they're looking for on certain topics....

I dislike Baldwin because I believe he's a disgusting human being. I know you might find this hard to believe, but there are people that dislike other people because of things beyond political affiliation. I don't care if he's an (R), (D), (L) or something in between or radically either direction... in this particular case, I think he's a bumbling idiot regardless of his political beliefs. Most entertainers have the same political leanings as he and I don't say a word about them. I hate Baldwin for things beyond his political stance. I think he's (as I said in my original post) closed-minded. You're trying to read more into the post then was meant to be there. Saying you dislike someone is hardly a political post.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?