Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ProjectProspect.com has Juan Francisco as #13 3B prospect

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

ProjectProspect.com has Juan Francisco as #13 3B prospect

http://www.projectprospect.com/artic...base-prospects

The entire list:
    Code:
    Rk  	Player  	Comments  	                                                                        Org  
    1	Pedro Alvarez 	Poor glove but awesome power. -- 30+ HR threat; below-ave. contact hitter; slow 	PIT 
    2	Brett Wallace 	Adjusted to AAA quickly; bat likely to be at least ave.; limited range -- future at 1B? OAK 
    3	James Darnell 	Great K-zone management; 25+ HR potential; solid speed and D; a lot to like here 	SD 
    4	Joshua Bell 	Masher can walk and make decent contact; soft hands, but range a question mark 	        BAL 
    5	Matt Dominguez 	Power will determine upside; high FB% = lots of outs; we want to see his range 	        FLA 
    6	Mat Gamel 	Strengths are LD-stroke and solid pop; struggles with contact and glove isn't great 	MIL 
    7	Josh Vitters 	Elite contact hitter w/ pop; Can he hit for power in AA with virtually no patience? 	CHC 
    8	Logan Forsythe 	LD machine w/ good glove; limited power and upside at 3B; move to 2B coming? 	        SD 
    9	Lon. Chisenhall Jump to A+ then AA in first full season shows upside; good power, OK contact bat 	CLE 
    10	Matt Sweeney 	Great power, solid K-zone manager; unlikely 3B (range); injuries have limited him 	TB 
    11	Mike Moustakas 	Extreme fly-ball hitter w/ some pop, OK contact skills and very little patience 	KC 
    12	Bo. Borchering 	Sick power; his weight shift could use some work; not greatest bet to stick as a 3B 	ARI 
    13	Juan Francisco 	There's no doubting his awesome power; BB% is well-below-ave. and K% isn't great 	CIN 
    14	Dayan Viciedo 	Thrown into the fire in AA -- it didn't go well; good LD & contact hitter w/ some pop 	CHW 
    15	Jake Smolinski 	His power is nothing special but he's a good contact and LD hitter; slow runner 	FLA

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: ProjectProspect.com has Juan Francisco as #13 3B prospect

I wonder where he'll rank as a LF prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I wonder where he'll rank as a LF prospect.
    He won't. Adam is only ranking players who have played at a specific position for at least 20% of a given season from our conversations.

I got to see Matt Dominguez a pretty fair amount here in Jax. He was still 19 for most of year. But he sure didn't do much to impress. (hit less than .200) and is doing even worse in AFL. I'm sure he'll be back to AA and he may step up, but so far he hasn't shown me much.

I saw Moustakas in AFL for 1 game, so I can't say much about his game, but his physique suprised me. He looked very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I got to see Matt Dominguez a pretty fair amount here in Jax. He was still 19 for most of year. But he sure didn't do much to impress. (hit less than .200) and is doing even worse in AFL. I'm sure he'll be back to AA and he may step up, but so far he hasn't shown me much.

I saw Moustakas in AFL for 1 game, so I can't say much about his game, but his physique suprised me. He looked very soft.
    The scouts I have talked to loved Dominguez from what they saw in AA. More about projection of course.

Turn Off Ads?