Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V

V

Series starts over tonight. I loved the original. I have the first two mini-series and the short lived TV show on DVD. Watched the mini-series and The Final Battle this past weekend. Can't wait for tonight. I've been waiting for this ever since the original series went off the air. Anyone else psyched?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: V

I am BEYOND stoked about the show tonight! It's all ready got my attention fifteen minutes in, LOL I loved the original too and I watched of it when it was running on SyFy this past weekend. This one seems like it's going to not only honor the history of the original but bring a few new things to make it even better. I love the cast. I pretty much adore every single thing Elizabeth Mitchell has ever been in so she alone makes this show awesome for me, but the rest of the cast is awesome too so I'm hoping the show goes well.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I just like that Alan Tudyk gets another genre show.

Phil. Happy.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I thought the show was great! The cast is great, Anna is awesomely creepy, I love Erica and Father Jack, and I think this series is going to be great fun. I actually jumped at some parts and I had read some spoilers and knew those things were coming! Yeah I'm a dork, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I'm hooked. Wasn't so sure at first, but yeah...I'm hooked.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I loved tonight's episode. It wasn't as fast paced as the premiere but it still kept up the intensity and action from that first one. I liked getting a little more character development and I love Erica and Jack together. "You're a freaking PRIEST??!" was the line of the night, LOL I liked Erica's son a little better than last week and I'm curious what the blond Visitor's story is with their group. Bryan is definitely a character to keep an eye on since he's a Visitor but not one of the bad guys. Dang, I love that you really can't trust anyone in their world because anyone could be a Visitor. You don't have any way of knowing that right now and that makes this show SO intense and awesome. I love it and I can't wait for next week's show!
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 11-10-2009 at 09:38 PM.

I'm hooked, too. tonight's episode was great.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Having trouble staying interested in this, because it's a little slow and the mystery's just not that compelling. If there's not a good cliffhanger at the end of next week's episode, I may not bother to pick it up again in January.
    /r/reds

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Riveted by the original as a kid I had to watch and so far it's a little slow but I like a show that builds it's characters, so far so good. Like Heather I like the concept of not knowing who I can trust. I've already began to suspect the Priest, even Erica is not above suspicion. But I think in the end it'll be Erica (FBI), Bryan (former V) and Chad (TV news reporter) bringing down the V's with a surprise addition (the blond V) helping out the resistance. I hope Jack is there too but my gut screams V.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I thought the first episode sucked. Very lacking, trying to cover too much territory in a short time span. They'll attempt to drag this series out as long as they can, but in the long run I think it's doomed.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I've loved every episode so far. Going to be a long time until March.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

I'm curious why they are putting it on hiatus till March. It's been pretty popular and now you'll have to wait 4 months to see it again. People who were following this show may forget about it by then.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I flipped channels the other day and noticed the the special effects on "V" are not looking as good as the pilot episode. Is it just me or anyone else notice this? They were on one of the ships and the background looked 'fake' (well, it is fake) as hell.

IIRC, this show wasn't supposed to debut until midseason in 2010 but because the pilot got awesome reviews back in the spring, they bumped up the start date to grab hold of that positive buzz. I think having a few of the episodes airing early will give the producers and actors some idea of what's working and what may not be working as well as it could and the show will come back even stronger in March. I've enjoyed the series so far and I know a lot of other people who have enjoyed it too. My worry is that they forget about the show during the holidays and through the winter and don't come back to it in March. It would serve ABC well to rerun these four episodes closer to the return date to refresh everyone on what's happened so far. I REALLY want this show to succeed because I think it has mad potential and darn it, Elizabeth Mitchell deserves to star in a show that actually makes it for once, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm curious why they are putting it on hiatus till March. It's been pretty popular and now you'll have to wait 4 months to see it again. People who were following this show may forget about it by then.
    part of it is that they don't want to sacrifice it to the Olympics.

Turn Off Ads?