Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney is giving Mickey Mouse a make-over

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Disney is giving Mickey Mouse a make-over

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that feature. Do you know what year it was produced?

I know recently Disney has really marketed Mickey to the preschool set, with the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" show on Playhouse Disney. That is computer animated, and visually looks great. The content is about what you'd expect for a show aimed at 2-5 year olds.

**EDIT** Nevermind, just looked up what you were referring too. It looks like it was produced in the mid to late 90's, a time when Disney animation was being gutted. Most/all of this was probably animated overseas on the cheap. Rest assured that with the leadership changes at Disney, you'll notice an increase in the quality not only of stories but of animation.
    Last edited by Eric_the_Red; 11-13-2009 at 09:00 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Disney is giving Mickey Mouse a make-over

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Hmm, I'm not familiar with that feature. Do you know what year it was produced?

I know recently Disney has really marketed Mickey to the preschool set, with the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" show on Playhouse Disney. That is computer animated, and visually looks great. The content is about what you'd expect for a show aimed at 2-5 year olds.

**EDIT** Nevermind, just looked up what you were referring too. It looks like it was produced in the mid to late 90's, a time when Disney animation was being gutted. Most/all of this was probably animated overseas on the cheap. Rest assured that with the leadership changes at Disney, you'll notice an increase in the quality not only of stories but of animation.
    That may be true for some stuff, I haven't watched much new Disney stuff other than the Pixar movies just because my boys haven't taken much interest in Disney. Of course my friend who has a daughter has said that the Disney Princesses stuff is pretty dreadful and clearly intended to serve as advertising for the toy line.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Turn Off Ads?