Alright I'm bored, I miss baseball and wish the Reds were playing tonight...but since they are not I'm starting a thread to get everyone's opinion of the top 10 best Reds teams of all time. I'll do my best to list them in order. Keep in my mind these are in your opinion the BEST not your FAVORITES!
1. 1976-102 wins-no brainer, shear domination, breezed through postseason going undefeated against 2 excellent teams.
2. 1975-108 wins, Worlds Champs, considered by many greatest WS ever.
3. 1940-100 wins, only 53 losses, Worlds Champs.
4. 1970-102 wins, NL Champs, a few plays of momentum in the series could have worked in the Reds favor.
5. 1990-91 wins, Worlds Champs, even though the wins faded down the stretch I would still put that postseason bullpen up against most lineups ever.
6. 1973-99 wins, NL West Champs, how that team lost to a mediocre Mets team is beyond me.
7. 1919-96 wins, Worlds Champs, and Edd Roush said regardless of any speculated fix the 1919 Reds were better, and the stats prove it, championship not tarnished in my opinion!
8. 1939-97 wins, NL Champs, beginning of a turnaround from a horrid decade and a new Reds "mini" dynasty.
9. 1972-95 wins, NL Champs, JB with a great year and dramatic come from behind victory in the NLCS.
10.1974-98 wins, 2nd NL West behind the LA Dodgers.
1962, 98 wins
1999, Stupid Milwaukee Brewers and Houston Astros, and NY METS!
1961, NL Champs
1964, 92 wins one game out of NL Pennant
1981, Best MLB Record We Wuz Robbed! Has to be included due to the circumstances!