Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Man, I miss Krivsky.... (Twins acquire J. J. Hardy)

Man, I miss Krivsky.... (Twins acquire J. J. Hardy)

I love the way the Twins management style runs things....

Twins acquired shortstop J.J. Hardy from the Brewers for outfielder Carlos Gomez.

The Twins just jump-started their offseason with an excellent buy-low addition. Hardy batted just .229/.302/.357 with 11 home runs and 47 RBI in 2009, falling out of favor with the Brewers once Alcides Escobar was promoted from the minors. Despite his pitfalls on offense in 2009, Hardy is one of the better fielding shortstops in the game. Even if he can't match his .821 OPS of 2008 again, he should be a marked improvement over recent alternatives in Minnesota, Orlando Cabrera included. An added bonus, thanks to an August demotion by the Brewers, Hardy is under team control for 2010 and 2011.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man, I miss Krivsky.... (Twins acquire J. J. Hardy)

I'm willing to bet that the Brewers didn't to send Hardy to another team in the division.

Seems like a pretty good trade for the Twins.

Having watched Walt Jockety do nothing with regards to the Willy Taveras situation all season, I have no faith whatsoever that anything will change in this organization until something dramatic is done with regard to Walt taking charge and letting everyone know that he's in charge and not Dusty Baker.

I don't buy for a minute that Taveras was anyone's decision other than Baker's. I don't care what quotes are quoted or anything. If it looks like doo-doo, smells like doo-doo, then it's doo-doo. And, that doo-doo had Baker written all over it.

I just want to see Walt take control of this organization and do what he thinks is best. Castellini took that away from Krivsky the day he hired Baker, and nothing's changed since then (actually things have gotten worse, as the last year plus has been a complete waste).

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_mlb

The Reds are still looking around for a regular shortstop but can cross J.J. Hardy off their list. Hardy, who was dealt from the Brewers to the Twins for center fielder Carlos Gomez, was on the Cincinnati radar.

"We talked to [the Brewers] several times," Jocketty said. "We didn't match up and they didn't want to trade within our division, which was understandable."

I'm glad they were looking at him at least. Now lets hope they dont go looking again and end up with a Willy T like they did after they couldnt get Coco Crisp.

Let's not forget Carlos Gomez was at the center of the Santana deal. He still has a lot of potential and I think they see him as a Mike Cameron replacement. Him and Hardy are both buy-low candidates. I really don't think we had anyone available like Gomez who is ML ready to trade with his kind of potential but at a buy low status.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I really don't think we had anyone available like Gomez who is ML ready to trade with his kind of potential but at a buy low status.
    Very well put, 012. The only guy I can think of is possibly Dickerson.

Wasn't he the guy who brought Juan Castro back?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Wasn't he the guy who brought Juan Castro back?
    Yes. This is who they gave up for him: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=robert001bra

Krivsky's mistake wasn't acquiring Castro--it was extending Castro's contract. The year Castro was brought in, he was an upgrade over the in-house options.

We will miss Mackanin before it is over.

Turn Off Ads?