Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

I have a good feeling about this game, but this is The Bengals, so I hate to get too optimistic. I just feel like the Bengals actually stack up pretty well against The Ravens. On top of that, Palmer is 7-3 with a rating of around 90 against them for his career.

Since it's a divisional game, I know it will be tough. That being said, I loved the way Bob Bratkowski put together the offense (I never, ever thought I would type those words in that order) for the Bears game. The unbalance line was really creative. If they keep that kind of creativity up, the offense could have a big day. Palmer and the receivers match up well against the Ravens secondary. So I think the key will be to establish the running game.

On the defensive side, Flacco doesn't scare me that much but they do need to keep him under pressure. Ray Rice is their weapon that I'm concerned about. If they can shut him down, it should be a good day.

Prediction: 31-20 Bengals

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

This game and the game next week against the Stealers are each potentially worth three games in the standings. Any game against a divisional rival is already worth two games in the standings against that team. But the NFL's first tie-breaker between two teams is, of course, the head-to-head record.

If the Bengals beat the Ravens tomorrow, they're not just two games better off than if they lose. They also will win the head-to-head season record against them, as well. That's worth an additional game in the standings, because then the Ravens would then have to beat the Bengals by at least one game in the standings and not just tie. The tie would go to the Bengals.

If the Ravens win, the head-to-head would no longer apply since the two teams will have split. In that case, the Ravens could win a tie between the two teams, depending on how deep into the tie-breakers they would have to go.

Same scenario applies next week against Pittsburgh. Needless to say, the next two games are significant.

I'm once again a bit surprised that Vegas, the media "experts", and NFL fans, in general are all picking the Ravens. Not sure what the Bengals have to do to get respect. Don't get me wrong, a loss tomorrow or next week won't surprise me one bit, but I just find it odd that most non-Bengals fans are expecting it.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

It's really gonna be imperative that we get out to an early lead. The last game I knew we'd pull out but this is now a different game, a couple of reasons why.

#1 - No Antwan Odom helping to create pressure from the front 4 without blitzing. I hope Rucker (and the home crowd) helps to make up for that with a good game.

#2 - Along with #1 the Ravens will have their LT back in Gaither and Oher goes back over to RT where he is better suited currently. They should run the ball more effectively and they did ok in spurts running it in game 1. Keeping us off balance could make for some big pass plays if we are not careful. We are clearly at a bigger disadvantage than we were before when our defense is on the field.

#3 - Our offense is/was playing great going into the bye but the bye week for us usually results in a sluggish start to the next game in the Marvin era. If the Ravens do indeed run the ball better in addition to the bye we may never get rolling.

#4 - The Ravens got their swagger back and regardless if it's real or not (I don't think so they are what they are) they are coming in more confident in themselves after that slaying of Denver last week.

We must get off to a great start offensively and (I can't believe I am saying this) through the air. I suspect the Ravens game plan will be to stop our run since they couldn't last time. We need to come out taking advantage of their agression in this area. Throw to set up the run later.

I believe they have the edge as they have something to prove, have momentum and are healthier both physically and from a confidence standpoint. That's why we must come out smoking and take that momentum/confidence away from them. I believe the Bengals know this however so let's hope they come out sharp on both sides of the ball and put them away early.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

I'm gonna go with 37-34, Bengals. I fear that Flaco may be dominant today, but I think Cedric Benson will save it for the Bengals.

Ngata is inactive today for the Ravens. That's pretty big.

Roy Williams is also out again today.
    DLC11@Insightbb.com

Ngata being out is huge for the Bengals as he is really active on the D line for the Ravens. Bengals have to come out early and score quickly or it could be a long game at home. I would like to be able to split the next two games with Pitts next week and Baltimore today. Can't afford to lose both.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Bengals looking good so far up 7-0 on a Palmer to Caldwell TD.

14-0 Bengals. They have about 117 yards, the Ravens have five. DOMINANT!

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Bengals offense and defense looking awesome today.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Morgan Trent had a very nice tackle on the return and the Ravens got hit again with a holding penalty.

You have to wonder if Brian Billick is off laughing somewhere. John Harbaugh has gotten outcoached on numerous occasions this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Brat seems to have found his way calling the plays the last couple of weeks. Benson definitely makes things easier. Ocho is playing great today.

Who DEY! Bengals look freaking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Looks like Henry is done for a while with a broken arm.

Time for Jerome Simpson to take the floaties off.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Good to see Coles getting more involved, underutilized so far this season.

Turn Off Ads?