Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

Re: Bengals vs. Ratbirds Thread - Part Deux

Bengals win!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BIG WIN! First win coming out of a Bye week since 2003. Dominant D performance today, the corners looked great and the D line was stout. Cedric Benson has really been a difference maker.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Huge win. Power has shifted in this division. Next week is the most important game of the year.

Great win. I actually thought we would lose that one. Hopefully Pittsburgh loses this week so next week isn't as "must-win"

As an afterthought, I'm glad to see Coles is finally starting to get in the action.

With Henry probably out for the year, they really need to have him come through in the second half. The receiving core of Chad-Coles-Caldwell can still be a strong one, but it hurts to lose Henry. He is a great deep threat.

Do we now get to see what Jerome Simpson can do?

Well, one thing's for sure. The Bengals will be Vegas underdogs again next week and the majority of the experts will be picking Pittsburgh, because...well, you know...they're the Stealers, after all, and they're the defending champions, and this game is in Pittsburgh, and they'll be ready for the Bengals this time, and the Bengals can no longer sneak up on anyone, and...etc...etc...etc...

On the other hand, the Bengals have historically not done well when favored, so while I complain about the continued lack of respect and the media's continued fawning over the teams that did well last year, I acknowledge that it's better for the team to be disrespected.
    Last edited by macro; 11-09-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Henry hasn't played much of a role in the offense so far this year. They have looked a bit sluggish since he left, but I think that's just a coincidence. The Ravens are doing a better job of mixing up their blitzes and getting to Palmer a bit quicker. It sucks to see Henry go, but I don't think it will make all that much of a difference.
    To be fair CC we can't be all that sure without watching game tape. He's made big plays when he has been thrown the ball but when he has been in the game how much pressure has he taken off of Chad? My guess is he has played a part in assisting running DB deep while others get to work the middle/underneath routes. Plus you also knew that if we ever got into a hole we could bring him out to help catch up we now lose that luxury. Hopefully Jerome and maybe even Cosby can help out.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

For once, I would love to go into Pittsburgh and absolutely obliterate them. Hines Ward and Ben Roethlisberger are two of the most unlikable, actually hate-able people on the face of the planet in my opinion. I'd love nothing more than to go into their home field and take away their lunch money.

That being said, I'm sure it will be a tough game and if the Bengals win it will be no easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Well, one thing's for sure. The Bengals will be Vegas underdogs again next week and the majority of the experts will be picking Pittsburgh, because...well, you know...they're the Stealers, after all, and they're the defending champions, and this game is in Pittsburgh, and they'll be ready for the Bengals this time, and the Bengals can no longer sneak up on anyone, and...blah...blah...blah...

On the other hand, the Bengals have historically not done well when favored, so while I complain about the continued lack of respect and the media's continued fawning over the teams that did well last year, I acknowledge that it's better for the team to be disrespected.
    We can handle the Steelers but we simply don't play as well against their WR's who are so much better all the way around. We dominate the Ravens WR's however. Even still the Steelers have to play the Ravens twice more and they already have a loss in the division so we should control our own destiny win or lose, unless we underperform against Cleveland again or Pitt just flat out ends up with a better record which is completely possible in fact I think it's likely. So basically yeah it's the game of the year next week and we must scratch out a win.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Oh and props to Bratkowski as he had the perfect gameplan this week and called a pretty solid game. He used the passing game to set up Benson early on and we kept them off balance for the most part the rest of the day.

--Woody Hayes

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Wow, good job Bengals! I wasn't sure how this game was going to go today and I'm thrilled they pulled off the win. I was in my car driving home and listening to most of the game this afternoon, but the offense seems to be finding its groove on a more consistant basis which is awesome. I feel bad for Chris Henry though. Hopefully other guys step up to help out and mad props to the defense today who definitely took care of the Ravens offense. Who Dey!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

What about the WR from UTah...Freddie Brown? I know he is on the practice squad...maybe he can do some things to help.

Dave Lapham should know the rules a little better. After the sack on Flacco and Fanene took off his helmet in celebration Lap was saying onthe radio "that'll mean a 15 yd penalty and an automatic first down." It was only as the Bengals were snapping the ball that it occured to Lap that he was wrong. I got news for him:a dead ball foul after 4th down does not give you the chance to replay the down. It is a post possession penalty. I flipped to TV and Enberg and Fouts knew better. They knew the Bengals would retain possession. Of course Brad Johansen stayed silent. He knew less about the rules than Lap did. Not a banner moment for the Bengals' broadcast team

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Dave Lapham should know the rules a little better. After the sack on Flacco and Fanene took off his helmet in celebration Lap was saying onthe radio "that'll mean a 15 yd penalty and an automatic first down." It was only as the Bengals were snapping the ball that it occured to Lap that he was wrong. I got news for him:a dead ball foul after 4th down does not give you the chance to replay the down. It is a post possession penalty. I flipped to TV and Enberg and Fouts knew better. They knew the Bengals would retain possession. Of course Brad Johansen stayed silent. He knew less about the rules than Lap did. Not a banner moment for the Bengals' broadcast team
    Actually, you must have flipped over after Enberg and Fouts FINALLY got it right. They were wrong at first, too. "Oh wait, is this going to be a first down for the Ravens!?"

Ugh. Such simple rules that can't grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What about the WR from UTah...Freddie Brown? I know he is on the practice squad...maybe he can do some things to help.
    Has anyone signed Joey Galloway yet? I know he struggled in NE, but I'd get ahold of his agent ASAP. He could be a nice deep threat, and would give the wide receiving corps another solid veteran presence.

Turn Off Ads?