Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs Cut LJ

Re: Chiefs Cut LJ

Benson getting irritated for no reason? Johnson actually sucking in games that matter, possibly costing the Bengals wins?

It's pointless. I don't believe he's a better option at this point than Leonard or Scott so why bother?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd rather bring back DeDe Dorsey as a fourth back, he's better than Johnson at this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'd rather bring back DeDe Dorsey as a fourth back, he's better than Johnson at this point too.
    No can do, not until the end of The UFL season. Same for Kenny Watson.

We need a back who can carry it more than 2 times and not come away with limps

For a fourth stringer? Why?

For a fourth stringer? Why?
    Because our 2nd stringer cant carry it 20 times, and our 3rd stringer isnt someone who is going to run well enough to do it either.

Scott is our DeDe. We need a Watson.

I just don't see the evidence that Scott can't handle it, he ran the ball a ton in college, and he's not small. He was listed at 210 during Sunday's game, I'd be more comfortable with another 10-15 pounds, but it's not like he's tiny.

I just don't see the evidence that Scott can't handle it, he ran the ball a ton in college, and he's not small. He was listed at 210 during Sunday's game, I'd be more comfortable with another 10-15 pounds, but it's not like he's tiny.
    I think Scott can handle it in the future but at the moment no way. He's been dinged up multiple times already this year in limited action and his season high in carries was sunday with 13. Other than that game his highest was 6. I think we are better safe than sorry here. His average carries per game in 2008 college season was 19 per game as well.

I agree that he isnt exactly small but until you train your body to handle a bigger work load going out there and making him rush 20 times is just screaming for him to get injured. I think he has a future of being a starting back but I'm not very comfortable going into a game with him having to do that right now.
    Last edited by GIDP; 11-17-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I think Scott can handle it in the future but at the moment no way. He's been dinged up multiple times already this year in limited action and his season high in carries was sunday with 13. Other than that game his highest was 6. I think we are better safe than sorry here. His average carries per game in 2008 college season was 19 per game as well.

I agree that he isnt exactly small but until you train your body to handle a bigger work load going out there and making him rush 20 times is just screaming for him to get injured. I think he has a future of being a starting back but I'm not very comfortable going into a game with him having to do that right now.
    I agree. 19 carries a game in division 2 is a world away from 20-30 carries in the NFL. I don't care what you weigh.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Since the Bengals have now signed LJ, let's keep the discussion on one thread. Thanks.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79364
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?