86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brad Boxberger

50 58.14%
  • Neftali Soto

36 41.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prospect #9 runoff vote

Re: Prospect #9 runoff vote

Soto. Kid looks like he can hit and and won't be 21 until February. Boxberger is still a mystery IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gotta stop somewhere and we decided on 3 votes before the polls started.

Boy, I'd hate to see us lock ourselves in to arbitrary rules at the expense of common sense.

Heck, I didn't even vote for Maloney this time, and I might not if he were included in the runoff, but there was a clear natural cutoff between three and four.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Boy, I'd hate to see us lock ourselves in to arbitrary rules at the expense of common sense.

Heck, I didn't even vote for Maloney this time, and I might not if he were included in the runoff, but there was a clear natural cutoff between three and four.
    There was also a clear cutoff between 1 and 3 by the guidelines we discussed prior to the polling. Is it really a big enough deal that people aren't voting for who they believe is better between Soto/Boxberger because they guy who finished 3rd in the voting wasn't included in the runoff per the guidelines?

Went Boxberger in the original vote, Boxberger again. I do hope some of the unhappy Maloney voters will change their minds and vote. It doesn't seem like much of a big deal and it will give a more credible result. It seems unlikely that Maloney would have won over Boxberger in a three way run-off since that would require adding a margin of 7. He'd likely have to have gotten half the other votes (cast by voters who might not have had as much incentive to vote at all since their first choices were not in the poll.) So, if let's say, the likely best Maloney would have done in the 3-way runoff is 2nd, then nothing is changed--he'll still be running next time against Soto or Boxberger for the 2nd spot of the 3 in question.

I don't see the point in even having a runoff to be honest. Someone has the most votes, they win, no reason to overcomplicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I don't see the point in even having a runoff to be honest. Someone has the most votes, they win, no reason to overcomplicate things.

Agree. Seems simplest.

I agree, I won't vote for Maloney either...

Soto, I've seen him w/ my own eyes, and while I voted for Leake earlier, just don't know enough about Box yet, though hope he puts up huge numbers this year and challenges for a top 5 spot next years

Turn Off Ads?