Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Dorn

4 3.60%
  • Juan Duran

2 1.80%
  • Matt Fairel

1 0.90%
  • Josh Fellhauer

2 1.80%
  • Billy Hamilton

10 9.01%
  • Donnie Joseph

0 0%
  • Matt Klinker

2 1.80%
  • Sam Lecure

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

32 28.83%
  • Devin Mesoraco

5 4.50%
  • Logan Ondrusek

1 0.90%
  • Miguel Rojas

0 0%
  • Mark Serrano

1 0.90%
  • Juan Silva

2 1.80%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

39 35.14%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

3 2.70%
  • Chris Valaika

7 6.31%
  • other - name him

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #10 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love Silva... but the upside isn't quite the same. Silva likely profiles as a corner outfielder while Hamilton looks to be a shortstop. I am with you on Silva having the potentially better bat. Love his swing plane and well, the numbers speak for themselves so far (although he is going to need to cut the K rate). But Hamilton is the best overall athlete in the system and profiles to play shortstop at a high level. Its tough to have a corner outfielder top that upside.
    I noticed that Baseball America's draft report also said Silva would eventually move to a corner. Yet, he played CF with 3 assists in 64 chances and an impressive 7 triples in 143 AB's, yet only 1 HR. He seems to have the speed and arm to play center. Is this a case of playing him at the more skilled position until he shows he can't stick there? The Reds have been known to do that with SS candidates.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I noticed that Baseball America's draft report also said Silva would eventually move to a corner. Yet, he played CF with 3 assists in 64 chances and an impressive 7 triples in 143 AB's, yet only 1 HR. He seems to have the speed and arm to play center. Is this a case of playing him at the more skilled position until he shows he can't stick there? The Reds have been known to do that with SS candidates.
    Very likely. Right now Silva has above average speed and a strong arm. I think that people see him growing some more and losing some of the speed which profiles him as a corner outfielder.

Has Juan Duran's stock dropped that much? Terrible year, but he's a kid for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Has Juan Duran's stock dropped that much? Terrible year, but he's a kid for crying out loud.
    Technically it's dropped but really maybe he just shouldn't have been rated so high to begin with. You never know what you are getting with these kids especially those not coming up in the states. That's why I ranked both he and Yorman around 20-ish last year. As young as they are no need to over rank them as we'll have plenty of time to figure it out.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Guys, OBM is out of town until Sunday and he asked me to take over the duties until he gets back. Tomorrow afternoon I will post the appropriate poll (#11 prospect or a run off if Maloney picks up a few votes on Soto).

Went w/ Mes at 9, we'll go w/ him again at 10 and take note that he's moved from 3 votes to 5 votes.

Turn Off Ads?