Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cedric Benson: MVP?

Re: Cedric Benson: MVP?

I dont know how my original quote could be so misunderstood especially when you look at the stats. Its like I said hes a bum or something to you guys .

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont know how my original quote could be so misunderstood especially when you look at the stats. Its like I said hes a bum or something to you guys .
    Palmer isnt even that good this year.
    I don't think anyone misunderstood anything. I think you're backing off after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I don't think anyone misunderstood anything. I think you're backing off after the fact.
    He hasnt been

Quit being blinded by being a fan of him and actually see what im talking about. Overall hes been average this year. To suggest hes the MVP is silly.

He hasnt been

Quit being blinded by being a fan of him and actually see what im talking about. Overall hes been average this year. To suggest hes the MVP is silly.
    At no point did I ever say Carson Palmer should be MVP of anything. I'm saying that a guy with a passer rating of 90 and pace to throw for 3700 yards isn't "not good".

Perhaps you should tend to your own blindness before you criticize the eyesight of others. But then again, I don't wanna mess with the Cincinnati way of doing things, seeing as the best players on either pro sports teams are constantly the ones who get dragged through the mud if they're even a fraction below perfect.

Saying someone hasnt been THAT good and saying they are not good are 2 different things.

Someone isn't looking before they leap.

Palmer isnt even that good this year.
    "Isn't even that good" to me means below average and I'd say given the circumstances that's debatable at worst. It's like me saying the quality of so and so's posts has been poor for the past couple months, even though we know he's dealing with a the loss of his job, a death in the family and the constant threat of his home and car being taken from him from bill collectors calling him all the time. But the fact he is posting at all about baseball under those circumstances suggest he is posting pretty well.

I understand your point but I think your being to hard on the guy and not giving his circumstances enough weight. Sure he isn't being his typical self but under those circumstances why would you expect him to be?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

So saying someone "isn't that good this year" when people are saying hes the team MVP is like me saying Palmer has been poor. Does context mean anything to you people?

The context was people saying Palmer is the team MVP. Me saying he "isnt even that good this year" is me saying he isnt playing great. He's went from pretty bad, to mediocre to, pretty good.

Please understand the context of what I was saying. Its like people lumping Jay Bruce in with Willy Taveras and someone saying Jay Bruce hasnt been that bad. I doubt many of you would have read that and said "Oh man GIDP just said Jay Bruce was the best player on the team.

I don't think GIDP was dragging Carson through the mud or saying he's sucked. Carson is having a great year by any standards, but he hasn't been as consistent as 2005 Carson was. I don't think there's anything wrong with stating that.

With that being said, I expect the 2nd half of the season to be a different story.

So saying someone "isn't that good this year" when people are saying hes the team MVP is like me saying Palmer has been poor. Does context mean anything to you people?

The context was people saying Palmer is the team MVP. Me saying he "isnt even that good this year" is me saying he isnt playing great. He's went from pretty bad, to mediocre to, pretty good.

Please understand the context of what I was saying. Its like people lumping Jay Bruce in with Willy Taveras and someone saying Jay Bruce hasnt been that bad. I doubt many of you would have read that and said "Oh man GIDP just said Jay Bruce was the best player on the team.
    I understand the context and frankly MVP's aren't always about the numbers. Benson has kept us in games along with the defense. But in crunch time you need Carson to win the game for ya and he has on several occassions, that shouldn't be overlooked. I feel comfortable suggesting that there is a better chance we'd be winning without Benson than without Palmer. That makes him the most valuable player on the team in my estimation. Now last years MVP was Benson no question, without him who knows if we win at all.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

The whole Bengals Defense should win the MVP. Zimmer should definitely get the MVC!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

I just hope they can keep Zimmer after this season.

He's bound to have teams looking at him as a possible head coach.

Turn Off Ads?