Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to move Votto/Phillips.....to different positions?

Is it time to move Votto/Phillips.....to different positions?

With the Reds now reporting slashing payroll, this offseason the Reds need to make some very tough decisions. No new money and even cutting cost the Reds will have to find help from within.
    1) Does Reds stay course and keep both Alonso and Votto? With Alonso on the way soon is this the year we see Votto make the switch to OF so we could possibly see a call up this year by Alonso? See what both can do in the lineup to give fans an idea for 2011?

2) Again same idea for Phillips. The Reds need a SS yesterday! With no one in the minors for 2010, the opposite can be said about 2B. Personally I would like to see Frazier. However, I could live with Valaika.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is it time to move Votto/Phillips.....to different positions?

YES!

At this point i think its time to move the reds to a different city so I can rid myself of caring about a franchise who would rather blame its fans for its failures than taking some responsability.

Francisco Cordero for Derek Lowe

1. Derek Lowe
    2. Johny Cueto
    3. Homer Bailey
    4. Aaron Harang
    5. Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Francisco Cordero for Derek Lowe

1. Derek Lowe
    2. Johny Cueto
    3. Homer Bailey
    4. Aaron Harang
    5. Bronson Arroyo
    The Braves according to the AJC yesterday are looking to move Lowe, and possibly Vazquez (who I prefer) or Kawagami (or whatever his name is).

I don't know the contract details, but on the surface, we would be on the hook for another year as Lowe signed a 4 year contract for $60 million in January '09. Cordero is only signed through '11.

We need to trade Cordero, but not for a worse situation.

But this team does need to be creative. Moving BP to short makes just too much sense for a team that has no SS apparent any time soon. And I can only hope that Alonzo shows us in ST, that he is ready for MLB. Cleans up two big messes, saves us a ton of money and puts a great young team on the field to grow and become contenders.
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 11-13-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    At this point i think its time to move the reds to a different city so I can rid myself of caring about a franchise who would rather blame its fans for its failures than taking some responsability.
    Yeah really...

No wonder Barry Larkin couldn't get along with the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

People are kidding themselves if they think that the Reds moving to another city will stop them from caring about the team. I am a Sacramento Kings fans only because long ago they were the Cincinnati Royals. It ain't that easy, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    People are kidding themselves if they think that the Reds moving to another city will stop them from caring about the team. I am a Sacramento Kings fans only because long ago they were the Cincinnati Royals. It ain't that easy, folks.
    You really think former Oiler fans care about the Ten. Titans? Or Browns fans about the Ravens?

Then there was the Raiders, they moved from Oakland to LA and back to Oakland again and no one in LA seemed to noticed.

I'd have zero problem dumping the Reds if htey left the city. Actually id probably be their biggest hater.

This thread has headed deep into the blasphemy territory. If I were the thought police, you'd all be convicted and evicted!

My thing with BP at SS is that if Drew Sutton and Adam Rosales can hack it there, I KNOW Phillips can. I don't know if he'd be worth less than Janish overall though. If he could play average SS, I'd say "yes".

Apparently it's just never going to happen. I wish it would though. I wish they'd send Votto to LF right now to make room for Juan or Alonso.

I wonder if there has been any talk internally about taking a look at Votto at 3rd? I don't know a reason (beyond experience) that he wouldn't be able to play there with a league average or better defensive ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I thought about this during the season. I have lived in Atlanta for 17 years, but I grew up in Dayton. The Reds were my first professional sports team, and they still come first.

In the past I've thought the idea of the Reds moving to be pure sacrilege. But now that I don't get to many games, the idea that a city who wants a winner, and an owner who has the money to compete could be two great things.

I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I can now say I could live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I wonder if there has been any talk internally about taking a look at Votto at 3rd? I don't know a reason (beyond experience) that he wouldn't be able to play there with a league average or better defensive ability.
    I was pulling for that back when Edwin was stinking up the riverfront before Rolen was aquired. I'd have loved to have seen them at least give it a try.
    Sto Pro Veritate

We (Cincinnati) just bought them a stadium, so they could compete. This just feels dirty.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Turn Off Ads?