Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instant Replay

Re: Instant Replay

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Once again, the angle at which the camera is located makes where the ball is in the frame disputable.
    One photo doesnt make a case

I'm not talking about the photo but still even in that one there is a pretty strong case it crossed, but yes based on that photo you couldnt turn it over just because its a bad angle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    So the hand broke the plane but the ball didnt
    What is so hard to understand about that? The ball is on the opposite side of the hand. Once again this thread is about conferences using the replay to push teams into bowl games, in pursuit of the all mighty dollar.

Being a UC homer, doesn't make that call indisputable. The Big East took the opportunity to give UC a tangible advantage, at the expense of the integrity of the rules of the game.

The call on the field was no touchdown, and a fumble, the video and photographic evidence that a touchdown occurred is hazy at best. To turn over the decision on the field, the video evidence must be definitive.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

You are going to tell me you can see so clearly that the hand did break it but the ball clearly didn't? Come on. How thick is a finger 1/3rd of an inch? You are willing to say the hand broke it but they stopped him 1/3rd of an inch. Come on we are really searching here I think.

Ball crossing the plane is pretty definitive. Only way its not is if you just want to say its not.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

It looked pretty definitive to me. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind. I hope the NFL goes to a similar system someday...the current system of limited number of protests, the hokie red flag, the sacrifice of timeouts for being incorrect...now that is ridiculous.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Ok so if it was Mark Ingham having the same situation occur in the Auburn Alabama game, you would have the same reaction? I know I would, I have been upset at the instant replay manipulation all year.

Big Ten, SEC, PAC10, and Big East I am looking at you. I can honestly say I haven't seen enough Big Twelve, and ACC games to comment on them.

I hate cheaters, and these conferences are cheating.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 11-15-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Ok so if it was Mark Ingham having the same situation occur in the Auburn Alabama game, you would have the same reaction? I know I would, I have been upset at the instant replay manipulation all year.

Big Ten, SEC, PAC10, and Big East I am looking at you. I can honestly say I haven't seen enough Big Twelve, and ACC games to comment on them.

I hate cheaters, and these conferences are cheating.
    So you are now accusing the big east refs of purposely calling it a fumble just so they could use replay to overturn it? Time to roll back the conspiracy theory because thats pretty crazy.

I cant believe you want to believe that the refs have something so deep down inside that instead of hiding some blown calls like holding they would go and make it blatant on a play they reviewed and said they got wrong.

So you are now accusing the big east refs of purposely calling it a fumble just so they could use replay to overturn it? Time to roll back the conspiracy theory because thats pretty crazy.

I cant believe you want to believe that the refs have something so deep down inside that instead of hiding some blown calls like holding they would go and make it blatant on a play they reviewed and said they got wrong.
    No, did you read what I wrote?

The replay officials are going to rule in the interest of the conference. The officials on the field had it right, or near right. Replay manipulation creates the opportunity for conferences to cheat.

No, did you read what I wrote?

The replay officials are going to rule in the interest of the conference. The officials on the field had it right, or near right. Replay manipulation creates the opportunity for conferences to cheat.
    I think you are searching too hard for something. At least pick a play where the call on the field was right instead of just saying it was right so you can go off on some conspiracy story. I didnt know we were dealing with BCS truthers around here or what ever we are going to end up calling this group.

I hope every play that is "near right" gets over turned because I'm pretty sure that is just another way of saying "wrong"

I think you are searching too hard for something. At least pick a play where the call on the field was right instead of just saying it was right so you can go off on some conspiracy story. I didnt know we were dealing with BCS truthers around here or what ever we are going to end up calling this group.

I hope every play that is "near right" gets over turned because I'm pretty sure that is just another way of saying "wrong"
    So you think that play was indisputable, and the Big East has no interest in insuring that UC goes undefeated? OK................

I thought the whole UC-WVU game was poorly officiated. I don't think there was any grassy knoll stuff happening. I thought the refs were just bad.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

So you think that play was indisputable, and the Big East has no interest in insuring that UC goes undefeated? OK................

I may be able to believe the Big East has an interest in UC being undefeated although that is debatable. I do not however believe the refs have any interest in the Bearcats being undefeated. Its not like bad calls are only made in favor of who the league has interest in winning. That IMO is just drawing conclusions off of a very selective series of events. In no way was that call influenced by the BE's interest to have an undefeated team.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 11-16-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Yes that play was indisputable

and yes the big east wants UC to go undefeated but to suggest that they would go about trying to fix games and do it the way you are trying to say they do it is beyond reasoning.

Yes that play was indisputable
    You keep ignoring and not addressing the evidence that I keep throwing out there. The photo in this thread is the best angle available, and it cannot give you an accurate 100% viewpoint of where the ball is in reference to the goal line.

It is clearly not indisputable. Would your opinion would be the same if they had ruled touchdown on the field and overturned it? I'm sure I know what your answer is going to be after the fact, but I'm confident that UC fans would have been furious if if it had been called a touchdown on the field and overturned, as they should have been.

Ive seen the replays and I've seen the screen caps. I dont know how you dont say thats a TD.

Ive seen the replays and I've seen the screen caps. I dont know how you dont say thats a TD.
    I've explained it about 5 times in this thread.

Turn Off Ads?