Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN News Reporting Larry Johnson to sign with Bengals

ESPN News Reporting Larry Johnson to sign with Bengals

No terms, no details, just a blurb across the bottom of the screen/ticker.

Sounds like Ced may be more hurt than initially diagnosed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN News Reporting Larry Johnson to sign with Bengals

Okay Larry, lets' see if you can check the ego at the door.
    We're quite welcoming to anyone who helps the Bengals win.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Does a roster move need to be made? What happens when Benson is ready to come back?
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Benson has to be hurt more than they are letting on because I really dont see them carrying Scott, Leonard, Benson, and Johnson.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on Benson's condition. Smoke was rising on this tranx before the game. Either way, this is good news.

I think Benson is fine, it's already been reported he expects to go next week. This is purely for depth issues, and clearly gives Benson more time to get to 100%.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Much has been made of the great locker room chemistry and team-first mentality of the Bengals this season. They play hard on Sundays and they play together as a team.

So what does the brain-trust do?

They sign a me-first guy with more baggage than a 757. In a season that has been anything but, this move is Typical Bengals (tm).
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I dont see them dropping a RB to bring in Johnson. Makes you wonder who they would drop.

Fui again and move Leonard to back up FB? Very possible.

Baggage is nothing. I trust this locker room to shut that man down. Every position has a very good leader on it so baggage doesnt bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Much has been made of the great locker room chemistry and team-first mentality of the Bengals this season. They play hard on Sundays and they play together as a team.

So what does the brain-trust do?

They sign a me-first guy with more baggage than a 757. In a season that has been anything but, this move is Typical Bengals (tm).
    I see your point, but I disagree. This locker room is completely different from a few years ago. If Johnson is a problem, they'll drop him in a heartbeat. But this guy NEEDS us, and he's going to bust his butt to contribute to a winning team so that he can get a contract next year. It's a good move IMO. I don't like Johnson, I think he's scum, but it's a bottom line business, and the bottom line is wins.

They are also probably signing him because Scott cant carry a load like a NFL starter can, and if Benson gets nicked then we need someone who has proven the ability to take a beating for the good of the team.

Johnson and Benson seem to be very similar runners.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    They are also probably signing him because Scott cant carry a load like a NFL starter can, and if Benson gets nicked then we need someone who has proven the ability to take a beating for the good of the team.

Johnson and Benson seem to be very similar runners.
    Agreed completely. Scott can still be a very valuable contributor to the team, but moreso as a kick returner/receiver. He's not the kind of guy that can run between the tackles, not at this stage anyways.

But if you add Johnson to Benson and Scott, then you have two workhorse backs, and another back that can get outside and do MAJOR damage.

The more I think about this move, the more I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Agreed completely. Scott can still be a very valuable contributor to the team, but moreso as a kick returner/receiver. He's not the kind of guy that can run between the tackles, not at this stage anyways.

But if you add Johnson to Benson and Scott, then you have two workhorse backs, and another back that can get outside and do MAJOR damage.

The more I think about this move, the more I love it.
    Yea I'm not knocking Scott but you can just tell he doesnt have a NFL starter body / endurance right now. You can see that hes a rookie and not prepared to have big linemen laying on him after every carry. I think he can turn into that but he just cant handle the pounding that NFL teams need at the RB.

Its just smart to bring in someone like LJ who even with the baggage is going to be one of the best free agents you are going to pick up in the middle of a season at this point.

Not to mention hes basically free for us and we can cut him lose at any moment and after he is signed we pretty much own him because he knows he cant pull a stunt like he was doing in KC.

http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco

your source for all the breaking news

OCNN BREAKING NEWS: Larry Johnson hasn't signed with the Bengals, when and if it does happen ill tweet the ROC is n building

I'm not as concerned about team chemistry as I with him just sucking.

Turn Off Ads?