Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greinke & Lincecum win Cy Youngs!

Greinke & Lincecum win Cy Youngs!

At least they got this one right!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Greinke wins AL Cy Young!

This is the biggest no-brainer of any MLB award in quite some time. It's nice to see they still get the obvious ones.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is the biggest no-brainer of any MLB award in quite some time. It's nice to see they still get the obvious ones.
    While I agree, I think this was FAR from a given.

You have to factor in the zOMG C.C. & the Yankees!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Glad they got this one right. Congrats Zach!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Man Pills

I'd have given it to Halladay. He kills hitters in the toughest division in baseball.

King Felix had a great year in Seattle, too. But Greinke was flat out dominant.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd have given it to Halladay. He kills hitters in the toughest division in baseball.
    Why do I have a vague memory of arguing with you about how good Halladay is? Did you change your mind about him recently or is my memory really that bad?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Code:
    AL Cy Young Award Voting
    Player       1st  2nd  3rd     Pts 
    Greinke,     25     3    -     134 
    Hernandez    2     23    1      80 
    Verlander    1      -    9      14 
    Sabathia     -      2    7      13 
    Halladay     -      -   11      11
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Code:
    AL Cy Young Award Voting
    Player       1st  2nd  3rd     Pts 
    Greinke,     25     3    -     134 
    Hernandez    2     23    1      80 
    Verlander    1      -    9      14 
    Sabathia     -      2    7      13 
    Halladay     -      -   11      11
    Ramon Hernandez was second in the voting?

Reds just got a huge deal, but I can't believe that he didn't try the open market.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'm totally convinced that you throw things out there like this JUST to argue.

I'm finally breaking down and using the ignore feature.

Obviously, it was Greinke w/ King Felix in 2nd. No one else should even be in the discussion.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    I'm totally convinced that you throw things out there like this JUST to argue.

I'm finally breaking down and using the ignore feature.

Obviously, it was Greinke w/ King Felix in 2nd. No one else should even be in the discussion.
    While I have never been considered a FCB apologist. Halladay did have the best xFIP in the AL last year.

I figured that Greinke would win becuase his actual results were better, but don't think for a second that he actually outpitched Halladay.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    While I have never been considered a FCB apologist. Halladay did have the best xFIP in the AL last year.

I figured that Greinke would win becuase his actual results were better, but don't think for a second that he actually outpitched Halladay.
    Yeah. I think Greinke gets the nod because he had those numbers on a not so good team with a not so good defense behind him (making the ERA number even more impressive).

If Greinke were on the Reds, he might've had a good half run (if not more) better ERA.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

Let's remember what FIP and xFIP are, predictors of future ERA. Those HR count. I'm fine looking at FIP if you want to neutralize the impact of defense. But xFIP goes a bridge to far for the purpose of assessing past performance. The right adjustment to make if you want to support Halladay is the quality of his opponents. Put Greinke in the AL East and Halladay in the Central and its a different story.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Greinke Deserved this. I'm glad someone got it from a small market.
    Witty signature.

Greinke deserved it, period.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?