Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lehr, Castillo and Corky signed to minor league contracts

Lehr, Castillo and Corky signed to minor league contracts

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t416

Cincinnati, OH - Last week, RHP Justin Lehr and C Corky Miller were outrighted to Louisville and both were able to agree to terms to stay in the Cincinnati Reds organization.
    After being removed from the 40-man roster, Lehr, the 2009 International League Pitcher of the Year, signed a 1-year contract through the 2010 season and was outrighted to Louisville. Miller agreed to terms on a minor league deal.

In other transactions, C/OF/IF Wilkin Castillo also agreed to a minor league contract after being reinstated from the 60-day disabled list and outrighted off the roster.

Yesterday, the Tampa Bay Rays claimed RHP Ramon Ramirez off of waivers following his release on October 30.

IF Kevin Barker, IF Danny Richar, IF Wes Bankston, IF Luis Bolivar, OF Darnell McDonald, OF Lew Ford, RHP Greg Atencio, RHP Federico Baez, RHP Jeff Kennard, and LHP Camillo Vazquez, all of which spent time in a Louisville uniform last season, were either declared or elected free agency.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lehr, Castillo and Corky signed to minor league contracts

I had no idea that Ramirez was released. I knew he was claimed off waivers, but why would the Reds release him. Why not dfa him? How do we keep Wilkin Castillo, Corky Miller, and Justin Lehr, and release a decent pitcher who could help the team like Ramirez?

hall of famers

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantomo88 View Post
    I had no idea that Ramirez was released. I knew he was claimed off waivers, but why would the Reds release him. Why not dfa him? How do we keep Wilkin Castillo, Corky Miller, and Justin Lehr, and release a decent pitcher who could help the team like Ramirez?
    Ramirez wasn't released, he was attempted to be removed from the 40 man roster and sent to the minors. The Rays claimed him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t416

Yesterday, the Tampa Bay Rays claimed RHP Ramon Ramirez off of waivers following his release on October 30.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

His release from the 40 man roster, not from the organization. It was worded poorly there. If he were released, he wouldn't have been claimed, he would have been signed.

I hated to see Ramirez go, but the Reds have those type of pitchers throughout the organization. Good pick up by the Rays in my opinion. I like Corky being picked back up. He can come up when needed and play good defense and help the pitching staff. He can not hit worth a lick, but a great journeyman catcher. Those are the types of guys you like to have around to work with the younger arms in AAA. He is more valuable than you think. Lehr proved his value if needed for a spot start. Will help the AAA team.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Turn Off Ads?