Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UD Flyers Basketball 2009-10

UD Flyers Basketball 2009-10

Figured I'd start a thread for Flyers basketball as this could end up being a very special season. UD knocked off #19 Georgia Tech. today and face #6 Villanova tomorrow.

I really love what BG is doing for this program. He also has a highly rated recruiting class coming in next year. Hopefully, there are some other Flyer fans here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UD Flyers Basketball 2009-10

I'm a UD fan. The game tomorrow is a big test just as to where the program is. I know the past really means nothing, but UD has won its past 4 or so games verse Big East opponents.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN View Post
    I'm a UD fan. The game tomorrow is a big test just as to where the program is. I know the past really means nothing, but UD has won its past 4 or so games verse Big East opponents.
    They are 7-2 against BCS conference teams in the past 3 seasons. Hopefully, 8-2 after today.

Hopefully, it's going well. I am DVR'ing it, hope not to be disappointed after work tonight!

I'm a big XU fan, but I want UD to knock off as many high profile opponents as possible. The A-10 needs both XU and UD to be elite teams, and we just might see it this season. It could be a wild ride this winter.

Dayton is good. They gave Nova all they could handle. The Atlantic 10 is going to be real good this year, which can only help come tourney time
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Today they play Kansas State. I feel this game is more important than the Nova game. Getting 2 wins down there vs 3 "bcs" schools would be huge.
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Disappointing to lose to K St. even though it looks like they could have a good year

Disappointing loss for Dayton yesterday. The rest of their non-conference schedule is awful, so they needed to beat K-State.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Disappointing loss for Dayton yesterday. The rest of their non-conference schedule is awful, so they needed to beat K-State.
    I don't think they "needed" to beat them. They don't really have any marquee names in the rest of their non-con, but there are a few solid teams in there.

Way to early for a certain game to be claimed as a make or break point in the season. The Flyers will be just fine.

Tomorrow should be a really good game. UD hasn't beaten X in cincy since 1981, just maybe they can end that streak!

K-State turns out to be a lot better than I was giving them credit for back then. It was still an important game for UD considering the relative weakness of the rest of their non-conference schedule (UNM was a nice surprise that seems to be fading a bit). I'd definitely like to see the Jimmy Carter streak continue tomorrow.

27 minutes till tip off...should be a battle!

Great game, but 25 in a row now. Nice.

Great game, Flyer fans. I look forward to our next matchup in Dayton. Your guys played hard but came up just short. We have the two best teams in the A-10, hands down and we'll probably play twice more. But don't get used to the compliments.

Turn Off Ads?