Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Bengals vs Raiders

Re: Bengals vs Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    From what I've read they are technically the 2 seed right now based on opponent strength.
    Yep, I saw that after I made that reply. I just don't have any faith that they're going to end up #2 at this point. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Probably because Oakland positively stinks against the run.
    And Oakland actually has some decent playmakers in their defensive secondary.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    No excuse to not adjust during the game.

Just gotta bounce back.

Get Benson back and healthy and we will be fine.

I think someone has already pointed this out, but other than Bernard Scott's 61-yard run; he averaged 2.9 yards per carry today. Leonard averaged 2.8.

On top of that, maybe I was seeing it wrong but it seemed to me they were calling Cedric Benson running plays for Bernard Scott. He is not a running back that can bust it up the middle between the tackles, IMO. That's a guy like Benson or LJ (that guy they only gave the ball twice).

Running Jeremi Johnson and watching him fumble the ball away when you had LJ standing on the sidelines is unforgivable to me. Why sign him if they don't plan to use him?

I still see this as a Bob Bratkowski failure to properly plan or react in game. You can't keep calling the same plays with different personnel with different skills. But that's always been his forte. And you can just about guarantee he won't adjust either.

It also doesn't help that the "franchise" kicker missed a 37 yard field goal. Seriously, HOW does that happen?

The only real problem I had with the play calling was the Jeremi Johnson run. I just dont see why you do that.

Oakland has been awful against the run (31st in the NFL coming into yesterday). However, two reasons behind that are how much their D has been asked to be out on the field... combined with always playing from behind when teams are more prone to run. Trust me Russell at qb handicapped this team I think worse than we all can imagine. The D has just been on the field too much.

In the Raiders win against the Eagles (also Russell's best game, they won 13-9 he threw for 220+), Oakland held the Eagles to 60 yards on the ground. With Oakland being able to put a semi-productive offensive effort they can man the fort against the run decently.

The failure off Brat to adjust to this, is the big problem I have. In game adjustments have been a problem for years. I do not argue with the philosophical gameplan to run the ball.

Turn Off Ads?