Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I'm the Bengals...

If I'm the Bengals...

I fire Bob Bratkowski after the year, and hire Charlie Weis. Will it cost a pretty penny? You bet your butt it will. But it should be done. I don't care what the guy did at Notre Dame, he clearly has had some success as a coordinator in the NFL. Palmer NEEDS that kind of presence, and so does the offense, to meet its true potential. Brat has done a better job this season, but it's still clear that he's far from top notch at his job.

We have a top flight D-coordinator (albeit maybe for not much longer if he gets a job after the season). It's about time we go out and get a top flight offensive mind. Carson deserves as much.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: If I'm the Bengals...

Weis would come cheap, Notre Dame is going to have to pay him a truckload of cash to get rid of him. At his age, and with the money he's going to get from them, he might just retire and say forget it.

You can put the chances of Weis coming to the Bengals at .00000000001. Weis is extremely close to Tom Brady to the point that when Weis was in the hospital Brady remained bedside until Charlie was out of the woods. Brady continues to talk with Weis on a weekly basis and you can guarantee that when Weis is done at ND he will be headed to Foxboro to rejoin the team and call the plays.

Plus he is getting 14 million from Notre Dame when he steps down. Not a bad gig leave one team with 14 million and than join another to call plays for Tom Brady.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Brat didn't miss a 37 yard FG. Brat didn't fumble the ball inside the 20. Brat didn't fumble the ball on the kickoff. Brat has faced his fair share of criticism but it was the players who let down the team, not the coaches. It was Shayne Graham not living up to his contract. It was Jeremi Johnson forgetting to hold onto the ball on a good play call.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Brat didn't miss a 37 yard FG. Brat didn't fumble the ball inside the 20. Brat didn't fumble the ball on the kickoff. Brat has faced his fair share of criticism but it was the players who let down the team, not the coaches. It was Shayne Graham not living up to his contract. It was Jeremi Johnson forgetting to hold onto the ball on a good play call.
    I wasn't talking about the Oakland game. I don't put the blame for that loss on Brat, I said as much in another thread.

But what I am saying is this team can do WAY better than Brat at offensive coordinator, and to pretend otherwise is silly. You're telling me stupid mistakes that we see every week like false starts and fumbles have nothing to do with coaching? I don't buy that.

Also, I know this is extremely unlikely. I'm just pretty much dreaming out loud, and starting conversation on what I would LIKE to see happen.

I see him sitting out a year, and staying under the radar. It would be a easy move to Cincinnati...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I agree. Brat needs to be gone.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Shayne Graham no longer qualifies as a "top kicker"? He is very inconsistent on kickoffs, his range now seems limited to 45 yards and in, and he is the "franchise player". He is due another raise after the season, I would just as soon see him walk.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    WHy would you even call a play giving it to Jeremy Johnson close or in the redzone?

WHy are you calling the same running plays for Scott as you did Benson?

Maybe we should fire Zimmer too for his poor coaching of the defense that allowed the game tying TD and couldn't get off the field on 4th and 10, not to mention the lack of pressure the entire game.

Bengals lose, fans call for coach heads. In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    WHy would you even call a play giving it to Jeremy Johnson close or in the redzone?

WHy are you calling the same running plays for Scott as you did Benson?
    They have in the past and it worked well. The play was good for 5-6 yards if JJ held onto the ball. Anytime you can get 5-6 yards on 1st down in the red zone, that is a good thing. JJ is a professional FB, you should expect that he can hold onto the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Maybe we should fire Zimmer too for his poor coaching of the defense that allowed the game tying TD and couldn't get off the field on 4th and 10, not to mention the lack of pressure the entire game.

Bengals lose, fans call for coach heads. In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning.
    To be fair, most Bengals fans have been calling for Brat's head for like 3-4 years now.

How anyone can blame Zimmer is beyond me. The team is 7-3 this year because of their defense. They're not to blame for ANY of their losses this year IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that Shayne Graham no longer qualifies as a "top kicker"? He is very inconsistent on kickoffs, his range now seems limited to 45 yards and in, and he is the "franchise player". He is due another raise after the season, I would just as soon see him walk.
    Agreed. I think it was the correct decision to designate him as the Franchise player this past year but I have no interest in extending him beyond this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

He was crossed off the "top kicker" list when he missed the FG in regulation vs the Steelers in 2006.

Turn Off Ads?