Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens vs Steelers

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Ravens vs Steelers

A Ravens win, gaurantees the Bengals win the AFC North with 11 wins.

- Right now the Ravens can't win anymore than 11, and have to win out to get to it.

- The Steelers can get to 12 if they win out, but one loss means they can't get more than 11.

- The Bengals need 3 out of Detroit, Minnesota, San Diego, Kansas City, and the Jets to get to 11, and of course, have the tie breakers.

GO RAVENS!!!

Dennis Dixon gets the start for the Steelers, and Big Ben is the emergeny 3rd QB. This is a perfect opportunity for Baltimore to make Dixon's first start a nightmare.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ravens vs Steelers

Ravens jump out to an early 7-0 lead. If they extend the lead, they'll force the Steelers to put the ball in Dixon's hand instead of running it every down. It doesn't come naturally to root for the Ravens but I can't say the same for rooting against the Steelers!
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Rooting the Ravens is only out of necessity.

If the records were reversed, I would root for the Steelers with a puke bucket next to me.

CRAP. TD Santonio Holmes. 7-7 (assuming the PAT is made)

14-7 Ravens!

Halftime.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-29-2009 at 09:51 PM.

I think Dixon did an admirable job in the 1st half. The Oline has stepped it up for him.

I'd like to note for the first time in my football picking life I was right about something. Going into the season I said I didn't think the Ravens were going to be very good. Everything broke right for them last year and the defense was starting to lose a step.
    Despite a 7 point lead, I don't think the Ravens look like anything special.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Pittsburgh FG makes it 14-10 Ravens.

This is a street fight, as expected. 2 teams beating the crap out of each other. Bengals did that to both of them twice! AFC North football!

Go.....team. Hard to root for either, but reluctantly like my pal Matt has stated, the Ravens need to win for the sake of the 'nati.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Another forced turnover by the Steelers! CRAP!!!

Pittsburgh is going to win at Baltimore with their third-string quarterback. They haven't lost a step with Dixon. This is not exactly what I tuned in to see.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I can't believe the Ravens haven't blown this one open with Pittsburgh using their third string QB. Has he really played that well or have the Ravens really played that poorly!?
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Good lord.

We're headed to OVERTIME!!!

I need a break. lol.

Goodness, do you think there's any chance the Bengals would have even been able to get that kick off at the end?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I can't believe the Ravens haven't blown this one open with Pittsburgh using their third string QB. Has he really played that well or have the Ravens really played that poorly!?
    It's been a good ol' AFC North football game. These two teams are going to be in physical pain tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?