Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Nothing about Tiger Woods has been anything like "most players."
    Key word in that sentence is "has". I don't think anyone will be as dominant as Tiger was for a long time - even Tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Any predictions on whether or not Tiger will be on the Ryder Cup team?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I think he will.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I think he will and he should. The extra leniency given the captains picks is a good thing, but if you are situated from 9-12, there should be a reason someone is getting picked instead of you.

Tiger Woods brings a lot of "intangibles" and he finished in the top 12, so I see no reason why someone should be picked over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Is Tiger still #1, or did Mickelson finally pass him this week?

I think Tiger should be out of the Ryder Cup because he is likely to be more of a distraction than an asset. But I assume he will be on the team (especially if whatever network is covering it has any say...and they probably do).

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    But I assume he will be on the team (especially if whatever network is covering it has any say...and they probably do).

The advantage to a network carrying the Ryder Cup - especially since it will end early Sunday afternoon instead of Sunday evening - is that unless Tiger gets hurt or Pavin chooses not to use him in singles that day people are going to tune in to watch him. It's not like a tournament where he didn't make the cut of he's hopelessly out of it come Sunday.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I want Tiger to make the team but I don't want him playing before Sunday.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I'm probably in the minority who does not want him on the team. I love the Ryder and next to my top couple of sports teams winning a championship, the Ryder Cup is next in line of my cheering interests. I don't think Tiger helps them this year, and I think the distraction will impact the team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The advantage to a network carrying the Ryder Cup - especially since it will end early Sunday afternoon instead of Sunday evening - is that unless Tiger gets hurt or Pavin chooses not to use him in singles that day people are going to tune in to watch him. It's not like a tournament where he didn't make the cut of he's hopelessly out of it come Sunday.
    Everyone plays singles I think. But you're right, there is a choice of whether or not to play him in the 4 ball and alternate shot matches.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Tiger has been an enigma throughout his entire Ryder Cup career. Captains have struggled to find someone to pair him with. And Tiger really has never dominated, or even played the way you think he would have. IIRC Tiger was paired with Phil last Ryder Cup and had some success.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Tiger has been an enigma throughout his entire Ryder Cup career. Captains have struggled to find someone to pair him with. And Tiger really has never dominated, or even played the way you think he would have. IIRC Tiger was paired with Phil last Ryder Cup and had some success.
    The Tiger/Phil pairing was a disaster. They lost both of their Friday matches and had new parters for Saturday. Tiger has been pretty good in singles play, however (3-1-2 record).
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-19-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Everyone plays singles I think.
    Yeah, I think you're right. Unless someone gets hurt from the other team.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Tiger and Stricker have been a great pair recently. They'll be paired together for the Ryder Cup. Bank on it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The Tiger/Phil pairing was a disaster. They lost both of their Friday matches and had new parters for Saturday. Tiger has been pretty good in singles play, however (3-1-2 record).
    That was two or three Ryder Cups ago. I think it was the one where Hal Sutton was the captain.

Woods and Stricker have done well as have Woods and Furyk.

TMZ reporting that Tiger is officially divorced.

Turn Off Ads?