Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 920

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

  1. #841
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The reports of her getting $750M were erroneous. She's only getting $100M.

    http://dimewars.com/Blog/Elin-Nordeg...0-fafad4967cd0
    I wonder if her silence is still part of the deal.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #842
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,545

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    I don't know, having like 20 extramarital affairs IS being a sexual deviant. Could it really going to get dramatically worse?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  4. #843
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,494

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    However much Elin's been paid to be silent, it's hard to believe that something isn't going to break about this from somebody.

  5. #844
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't know, having like 20 extramarital affairs IS being a sexual deviant. Could it really going to get dramatically worse?

    Deviant? Really?

    Bad judgment, ok. No respect for his marriage vows, fine.

    I don't get the deviant thing just from having affairs. If there's more going on we haven't heard about, that's different.

    Had he been a single man, would anyone consider him a deviant?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  6. #845
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post

    Had he been a single man, would anyone consider him a deviant?
    No. Then he would be Derek Jeter.

  7. #846
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,804

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    How do you guys see the rest of Tiger's career playing out. If he doesn't win one of the next few majors, suddenly he's gonna be behind the curve in terms of catching Jack. Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing him off at all...but I'm not impressed in the least with his performances over the past few months.

  8. #847
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    I think he'll still easily break the record. People forget that he won 6 times just last year. Before this year he had won 25 of his last 54 events he entered. He's played 6 times this year only while his entire personal world is falling apart around him. And in 2 of the 3 majors he was in the top 4. The storeis of his demise are greatly exaggerated, IMO.

    I predict that once his personal issues are resolved one way or the other, we're going to see Tiger go on another one of his tears where he wins everything for a year or two.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  9. #848
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,804

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think he'll still easily break the record. People forget that he won 6 times just last year. Before this year he had won 25 of his last 54 events he entered. He's played 6 times this year only while his entire personal world is falling apart around him. And in 2 of the 3 majors he was in the top 4. The storeis of his demise are greatly exaggerated, IMO.

    I predict that once his personal issues are resolved one way or the other, we're going to see Tiger go on another one of his tears where he wins everything for a year or two.
    I could see it going either way, so you won't get an argument from me. However, since January 2007, he has won just 2 majors. This will be the worst 4 year stretch of his career with regards to winning majors...couple that with his most serious injury, couple that with his recent infamy...I just think it is going to be tougher than many think to reach the Golden Bear. If he wins one or two majors in the next 12 months he'll be back on track...but if not, it is extremely rare to win a major past the age of 40.

    I guess my point is the clock is running faster than many think.

  10. #849
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Sure, it's not a given, but I'd still be surprised. With his age, he's got another 10 years of legit majors he'll be a favorite. People forget that even Jack had similar stretchs in his career. He went 3 years with no majors at one point before winning 5 in the next 3 years. And it was 10 majors between when he won his 10th and 11th, and another 8 until his 12th. Last year was the first time he didn't win a major in 5 years. But even then, he was 2nd (when he should have won) and 6th twice. This year he was 4th in two of them with his personal life in shambles. When Tiger wins them, he wins them in bunches.

    Sure, it's not automatic, but I just can't imagine him not winnign 4 more over the next decade. He's still the same guy. He's not going to struggle like this forever. With what's going on in his life right now, I don't see how he plays at all. I think he should have just taken the year off. But to think this is the new Tiger is way off, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  11. #850
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,804

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Sure, it's not a given, but I'd still be surprised. With his age, he's got another 10 years of legit majors he'll be a favorite. People forget that even Jack had similar stretchs in his career. He went 3 years with no majors at one point before winning 5 in the next 3 years. And it was 10 majors between when he won his 10th and 11th, and another 8 until his 12th. Last year was the first time he didn't win a major in 5 years. But even then, he was 2nd (when he should have won) and 6th twice. This year he was 4th in two of them with his personal life in shambles. When Tiger wins them, he wins them in bunches.

    Sure, it's not automatic, but I just can't imagine him not winnign 4 more over the next decade. He's still the same guy. He's not going to struggle like this forever. With what's going on in his life right now, I don't see how he plays at all. I think he should have just taken the year off. But to think this is the new Tiger is way off, IMO.
    At this age though, Tiger and Jack had won the same amount of majors...now Tiger does have 3 years to win number 15 to stay on track with Jack.

    If I was a betting man, I'd say Tiger wins more than Jack when it is all settled. However I think the days of Tiger winning 3 of 4 majors in a year are all in the past. I say he goes back to the pack, becoming more Mickelson-esque, you might say.

  12. #851
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Again, I think that's an extreme exaggeration to think he's going to be more Mickelson-esque. I go back to a single season ago when he won 6 times after coming off radical reconstructive surgery of his knee. The year before that he won 4 times in only a handful starts because ofthe injury. The 3 years before that he won 7, 8, and 6 times - and he never plays more than 16-17 times a year.

    We're less than a year later and after all that, he's played 6 times this year, with 2 top 4 finishes and people think he's never going to be the same. I just don't get that. It's possible that he'll never be the same, but to think that's the likliest scenario after only 6 tournaments just doesn't compute to me. People have suggested similar things in the past when Tiger has gone through down stretches, like 98 and early 99, and again in 2004, but thinking it's more than a bump in teh road seems to me to miss what it is that has made Tiger so dominant. Those characteristics don't go away.

    But regardless, it's still speculation on either end. I would be surprised if he doesn't climb back on top, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Tiger we've known is on his way out.
    Last edited by MWM; 07-18-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  13. #852
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Tiger on the course at Firestone right now and is +3 through his first five holes and nine shots off the lead. Now there is obviously a lot of golf to be played, but at some point this has to get a little concerning for Tiger.

  14. #853
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Tiger just finished up Rd 1 at +4 and in a tie for 70th place. Only 10 shots back of Bubba Watson. BTW Tiger has won 7 or the last 10 times he's played here.

  15. #854
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincy
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    I watched a last night on from the DVR. Tiger's still struggling. It still boggles my mind that he still has his shoulders wide open at address. When watching this weekend, notice how is feet are aimed/aligned down the center of the fairway or thereabouts, and his shoulders are aimed way left. His body is all out of sorts. Setting up misaligned this poorly makes it much more difficult to hit good shots. If I were to give him a lesson, I'd square him up and tell him to hit a bunch of draws instead of this hold-off slap fade he tries to play. It's so ugly.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

  16. #855
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,108

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I watched a last night on from the DVR. Tiger's still struggling. It still boggles my mind that he still has his shoulders wide open at address. When watching this weekend, notice how is feet are aimed/aligned down the center of the fairway or thereabouts, and his shoulders are aimed way left. His body is all out of sorts. Setting up misaligned this poorly makes it much more difficult to hit good shots. If I were to give him a lesson, I'd square him up and tell him to hit a bunch of draws instead of this hold-off slap fade he tries to play. It's so ugly.
    Could it be camera angles?

    I haven't watched Tiger play much with the exception of the majors. Lets not forget that any other player in the world not named Tiger or Phil would be perfectly happy with Tiger's finishes in the majors. But then again Tiger has set the bar very high that just coming in the top 10 isn't enough.

    When I see him play he just looks like a beaten man. He doesn't have that "it" factor. He doesn't have that ability to will in puts, to hit shots that no one else in the world can hit. He doesn't have that cut throat attitude that made him so great. Tiger needs to quite worrying about what everyone thinks of him and go back to his arrogant, a-holish old self that had a distinct advantage every time he stepped on the course.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25