Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I still don't get why he "needs" to answer questions about what happened the night of his wreck. I fail to see any relevance to it. He wasn't drunk, no one else was involved, and he's not under any suspicion of wrong-doing. So why does he need to let the public know the details behind it?

I've read some criticisms by some pundits suggesting that he needs to answer questions. I might be missing something, but I'm curious as to which questions he needs to answer publicly? What is it that we don't know already that "needs" to be known? I'm a little confused on this.
    It's in his best interests to do so. He should do it for his sake, not ours.

For instance he doesn't like people speculating that his wife swung a golf club at him on Thanksgiving. Fine. Set the record straight and then the speculation can cease.

If he continues to to keep us in the dark then the folks at TMZ will continue to dig stuff up--not because we have a right to know--because it makes money.

In short, the quickest way for this to go away is for him to set the record straight

2. Turn Off Ads?

How sad we are as a society.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If it's just a question that he thought he was entitled fine. He says he knows that wasn't right...then why is he going through months of therapy?

Is there a sex addiction component to this or not?
    I don't know whether it's an addiction or if there is such a thing as sex addiction, that's far above my pay grade.

But let's entertain the thought that it was an addiction. Do you think that people with other addictions don't know that what they are doing is wrong? You think someone addicted to drugs or alcohol don't know that what they are doing is wrong. They know what they are doing is wrong and still have to go through months and years of therapy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This was a freakin hoax, "let me apologize to try and stop my millions from leaking". Can't believe people are actually buying into this. He basically stated that he did all this because he thought the rules of life didn't pertain to him, he was better than the regular individual. That type of narcissistic mindset doesn't change. This guy is a pompous nerd jerk....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    This was a freakin hoax, "let me apologize to try and stop my millions from leaking". Can't believe people are actually buying into this. He basically stated that he did all this because he thought the rules of life didn't pertain to him, he was better than the regular individual. That type of narcissistic mindset doesn't change. This guy is a pompous nerd jerk....
    Maybe, but there's also a good chance that you're just jaded. Either way he wasn't apologizing to me and he doesn't owe me an apology so it doesn't really matter if I think it was genuine or not. I do happen to think it was genuine but if it's not...oh well, no skin off my back.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

It was good enough for me. You can nitpick it to death, but it seemed a fairly honest and for the most part sincere effort.

Sometimes, the best thing to do is say what's done is done and let's move on. I just want to see him play golf. I now know enough about his sex life to fill several lifetimes.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Celebrity worship is quite out of hand these days. To feel like he somehow owes any of us an apology is just asinine. We aren't Elin, we aren't his family, and we aren't one of the women he slept with.

It's fine to be disgusted by his behavior. Also fine to not want to watch him play anymore,but he doesn't owe us anything.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I wouldn't call it too sincere when you have to read the words "I'm so sorry" right from the page. Real heartfelt stuff.

I never said he needed to apologize to anyone, but doing it in this fashion was a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Celebrity worship is quite out of hand these days. To feel like he somehow owes any of us an apology is just asinine. We aren't Elin, we aren't his family, and we aren't one of the women he slept with.

It's fine to be disgusted by his behavior. Also fine to not want to watch him play anymore,but he doesn't owe us anything.
    Speak for yourself!!

I love the outrage and boycotts of certain media outlets (PGA Tour Writers, etc...). What exactly do they feel they are entitled to?

I think they are starting to see that things like Twitter, blogs, and chats are starting to barge in on their territory and overreact to protect themselves. We fans need the media less and less and they know it.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Are the people swayed to buy nike stuff (because of Tiger) swayed because they thought he was an outstanding moral figure or because he's the best golfer possibly in history?

Jerk or not, guess what? He's still the best golfer possibly in history.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Sometimes, the best thing to do is say what's done is done and let's move on. I just want to see him play golf. I now know enough about his sex life to fill several lifetimes.

OK. Does that also mean you don't care about any more Tiger Woods stories? Perhaps.

What if you heard that TMZ.com had the inside scoop on why Tiger crashed on Thanksgiving night? Would you go to their website and read the story? I'm not a People magazine type myself but I must say I would go read the story. Any unanswered questions intrigue me and that's why this story won't go away unless Tiger comes clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't know whether it's an addiction or if there is such a thing as sex addiction, that's far above my pay grade.

But let's entertain the thought that it was an addiction. Do you think that people with other addictions don't know that what they are doing is wrong? You think someone addicted to drugs or alcohol don't know that what they are doing is wrong. They know what they are doing is wrong and still have to go through months and years of therapy.
    You bring up some interesting points. I won't pretend to know the answers but if he's truly in an addiction program you'd think at some point he'd have to come out and say "Hi, I'm Tiger and I am a sex addict."

Yesterday sounded like a step that a recovery program put him up to yet he didn't admit to any addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What if you heard that TMZ.com had the inside scoop on why Tiger crashed on Thanksgiving night?
    Is that even interesting at this point?

I doubt even TMZ would be excited to run that story.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Are the people swayed to buy nike stuff (because of Tiger) swayed because they thought he was an outstanding moral figure or because he's the best golfer possibly in history?

Jerk or not, guess what? He's still the best golfer possibly in history.
    Who knows. Let's move beyond the Nike Golf stuff. Would you buy a razor, a deodorant or a car because the best golfer in history does? I think the question becomes more muddled as you get beyond products used in his sport.

So far the answers to these questions are no. Companies do not want a sex addict endorsing their products. He's lost a lot of endorsements so far and likely more to come

Turn Off Ads?