Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 920

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

  1. #46
    Member Reds4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,926

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nothing will happen. He's just going to stonewall the cops until they decide to just give up and leave it as an ordinary traffic accident. It's not that Tiger fears any charges. He just doesn't want anyone asking questions about his private life. He doesn't want people knowing why he was leaving his home at that time or why his wife bashed out the back windows with a golf club.
    Yeah, he wants the story to drop. But there are other reasons, if it comes out his wife is the one who busted up his face, then she could be facing domestic violence charges.
    Pessimists are well informed optimists

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    I don't see why everyone cares so much or think they're entitled to knowing the "real story." It's an accident that didn't affect anyone else and he wasn't driving drunk. So who cares if he's telling the truth or not here. They have every right to want to keep this private. This sounds an awful lot like folks wanting to feed their appetite for tearing down the rich and famous, one of america's pastimes.

    I'll admit to being a big fan of Tiger. If alcohol would have been involved, I would have forever not been able to root for the guy any more. But otherwise, there's nothing here that appears to be something anyone is entitled to know. Some might WANT to know, but that does not mean they have a right. Unless something else comes out that shows why this is a public concern, I'm not going to care one way or the other what truly happened.

    We're naive if we think the likes of Tiger Woods and others are somehow exempt from marital problems. It's also naive to think the majority of professional athletes, golfers included, aren't out there fooling around. I take it as a given.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  4. #48
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Tiger is showing up the police right now...never a good idea.

  5. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Tiger Woods is doing the right thing because you know those cops are just dying to find something to charge someone with.

  6. #50
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't see why everyone cares so much or think they're entitled to knowing the "real story." It's an accident that didn't affect anyone else and he wasn't driving drunk. So who cares if he's telling the truth or not here. They have every right to want to keep this private. This sounds an awful lot like folks wanting to feed their appetite for tearing down the rich and famous, one of america's pastimes.

    I'll admit to being a big fan of Tiger. If alcohol would have been involved, I would have forever not been able to root for the guy any more. But otherwise, there's nothing here that appears to be something anyone is entitled to know. Some might WANT to know, but that does not mean they have a right. Unless something else comes out that shows why this is a public concern, I'm not going to care one way or the other what truly happened.

    We're naive if we think the likes of Tiger Woods and others are somehow exempt from marital problems. It's also naive to think the majority of professional athletes, golfers included, aren't out there fooling around. I take it as a given.
    Tiger has been my hero and role model for over a decade now. He's arguably the most famous and recognizable sports figure in the world. He's the face of golf and has given inspiration to countless people around the globe. Sue me if I wanna know what happened during a bizarre incident involving him.

  7. #51
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,319

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    I think curiosity is fine. It's when it becomes a sense of entitlement that it bothers me. No one is entitled to know.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  8. #52
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,484

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think curiosity is fine. It's when it becomes a sense of entitlement that it bothers me. No one is entitled to know.
    I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. If Tiger wishes for this to remain a private matter, so be it.

  9. #53
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Tiger has been my hero and role model for over a decade now. He's arguably the most famous and recognizable sports figure in the world. He's the face of golf and has given inspiration to countless people around the globe. Sue me if I wanna know what happened during a bizarre incident involving him.
    Doesn't matter what you WANT to know. Being a fan does not entitle us to anything. If he gbroke the law, he should be held accountable. If this somehow impacted anyone other than Tiger and/or Elin, then that's also a different story. But it appears thus far that this is something that had nothing to do with anyone else but them. They have every right not to want to make it a public scene. Does the TMZ account seem plausible? Sure. Does that mean we should assume it's the truth? No. I'd be more surprised if a guy like Tiger Woods WASN'T having multiple flings as I would about any well-known professional athlete. But it's still none of our business.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  10. #54
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    41,629

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Doesn't matter what you WANT to know. Being a fan does not entitle us to anything. If he gbroke the law, he should be held accountable. If this somehow impacted anyone other than Tiger and/or Elin, then that's also a different story. But it appears thus far that this is something that had nothing to do with anyone else but them. They have every right not to want to make it a public scene. Does the TMZ account seem plausible? Sure. Does that mean we should assume it's the truth? No. I'd be more surprised if a guy like Tiger Woods WASN'T having multiple flings as I would about any well-known professional athlete. But it's still none of our business.
    Yep, Tiger Woods is a person, not a product that needs to ensure that those who use it are note being duped.

  11. #55
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,530

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    A couple people have posted that no one is entitled to know details...my question for the legal guys in here is what are we legally entitled to know? Cause I'd say the minute he hit the fire hydrant that is probably publically funded...it isn't a private matter anymore.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 11-29-2009 at 06:08 PM.

  12. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    A couple people have posted that no one is entitled to know details...my question for the legal guys in here is what are we legally entitled to know? Cause I'd say the minute he hit the fire hydrant that is probably pubibally funded...it isn't a private matter anymore.
    I'm pretty sure but its just a traffic accident. He doesn't have to say anything other than give his licensee and registration or what not. At least thats what I know. Im not a legal guy but he doesnt have to discuss anything.

  13. #57
    CELEBRATION TIME RBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    San Marcos, CA
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Tiger Woods is doing the right thing because you know those cops are just dying to find something to charge someone with.

    Well, it looks like the cops were ready to play along with the story until the media got ahold of it. Now the cops don't want to be seen as giving a famous person a break. But the fact of the matter is that many domestic calls are swept under the rug regardless of the couples social standing; rightly or wrongly, it happens.

  14. #58
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  15. #59
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,394

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Well, it looks like the cops were ready to play along with the story until the media got ahold of it. Now the cops don't want to be seen as giving a famous person a break. But the fact of the matter is that many domestic calls are swept under the rug regardless of the couples social standing; rightly or wrongly, it happens.
    Not so much anymore. Law enforcement has had their pants sued off for ignoring dv or sweeping it under the rug as you say. Typically, if police get a call with even a hint of dv, they arrest everybody and let the courts sort it out. Sounds to me like the Woods' story on the scene passed the smell test and the officers let it ride. Now it has a life of its own. Btw, the Woods' also have some measure of spousal immunity in this case.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  16. #60
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,176

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Well, it looks like the cops were ready to play along with the story until the media got ahold of it. Now the cops don't want to be seen as giving a famous person a break. But the fact of the matter is that many domestic calls are swept under the rug regardless of the couples social standing; rightly or wrongly, it happens.
    I think you're right but I don't think they are going to want to make a federal case out of an accident like this. It's going to look like they are going after him because he's a celebrity. He'll get an army of lawyers in there and they tie that little police department up in knots.

    I agree that we aren't entitled to know anything about this and if John Daly had done the same thing it wouldn't have been news since he does stuff like this all the time. When someone like Tiger does this, it's news because he's seen to be perfect. Good father, good husband, he never says or does anything controversial off the golf course. When something like this happens on the heels of an allegation that he may have a girlfriend, it's news.

    What I think will be interesting is the way the news organizations will handle this. If they don't treat him with kid gloves, they could risk their relationship with him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25