Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Apparently he can't bring a woman around his kids unless he marries her first. For all the money he has I wonder if he couldn't find a lawyer that could've done better.

edit: Elin has to keep quiet about everything for the rest of her life or she loses everything. At least that's one thing Tiger and his lawyers can be happy about.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 06-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    edit: Elin has to keep quiet about everything for the rest of her life or she loses everything. At least that's one thing Tiger and his lawyers can be happy about.
    I think it's something we all can be happy about.

Now we just need LeBron to sign a contract and Brett Favre to retire so that ESPN can go back to talking about the Yankees and the Red Sox.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Looks like she made out pretty good. Custody of the kids and twice of what she was looking for in exchange for her silence. And, really, what does she know about his flings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post

Yeah, that's important, now that Tiger has rebuilt his image into that of a pristine saint--can't have Erin sully his reputation.
    Actually I'm glad Erin apparently won't be coming out with a "tell-all" book or something similar. We already know more about Tiger that we need to know, further publicity of his conduct can't be good for his kids, and I'm tired of him. I agree with NJReds: let's get back to what really matters, the Yankees-Red Sox.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Jesus, who was his lawyer???? Didn't he have a pre-nup that gave her like 20 mil for every year of marriage??? I say, 'Bring on the tell-all book' before I give her an extra mil much less 5-650 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Looks like she made out pretty good. Custody of the kids and twice of what she was looking for in exchange for her silence. And, really, what does she know about his flings?
    She knows enough to get three quarters of a billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Actually I'm glad Erin apparently won't be coming out with a "tell-all" book or something similar.
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing that it wouldn't need something like that to happen for the silence to be broken and Elin having a big problem.

I'm guessing that sometime down the road she'll say something she shouldn't to someone she shouldn't and the divorce settlement is looked at again with her getting a reduced settlement. I'm sure there are people on this board with more legal experiance than I that could add something about that possibility.

If I was her lawyer, in between popping corks of cristal, I'd be making sure to tell her that the words 'Tiger' and 'Woods' nor any other words relating to the golfer of that name, had better EVER pass through her lips, whether in public or private.

Obviously not counting scheduling pick ups and drop offs of the kids and things of that nature.

I doubt the silence is so much about his flings as it is about a few other things.

1. Does she know if he used steroids or PEDs?
    2. Is he some sort of sexual deviant?

Either of those things [AND THEY ARE JUST SPECULATION FOR DISCUSSION] could be reason enough for Tiger to pay her off like this.

Let's face it, if he is still half the golfer he once was, 750 million will be made up between endorsements and winnings. Sure it hurts, but its not something he can't overcome.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I doubt the silence is so much about his flings as it is about a few other things.

Either of those things [AND THEY ARE JUST SPECULATION FOR DISCUSSION] could be reason enough for Tiger to pay her off like this.

Let's face it, if he is still half the golfer he once was, 750 million will be made up between endorsements and winnings. Sure it hurts, but its not something he can't overcome.
    I'm sure it's a combination of those and also what actually went down on the night of the "accident". The PEDs angle, if true, would end him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

I can't answer to the first, but if he was a sexual deviant, what are the chances Elin would be the only woman to know about them? If anything, he would probably shield Elin from any weird shenanigans...

Tiger should have just taken the entire year off and came back once he's through all the drama in his personal life. He's clearly not all there, and he's acting like a spoiled brat child not getting his way for the first time. I can understand why with what's going on in his life, so I can't judge too harshly, but I don't even want to watch when he's playing.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I think watching him struggle is fun. Especially since all his wounds are self-inflicted.

Plus, it's not like he's turned into a trainwreck. He's been in the top ten (five?) in both the majors he's played this year.

The reports of her getting $750M were erroneous. She's only getting $100M.

http://dimewars.com/Blog/Elin-Nordeg...0-fafad4967cd0
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Well she's not nearly as pretty now with only 100 million.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?