Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Never heard of him. But that doesn't prove anything. How many Chinese know who is Christiano Ronaldo? They know Tiger Woods.

I'll bet more Chinese than Americans know who Ronaldo is. Of course there are a lot more Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Do they?

All 1.3 Billion?

My guess is as famous as Tiger is Beckham or even Christine are pushing for that title.

BTW he plays soccer, a sport that most folks around the world pay more attention to than Golf.

We know more play it than those who golf, that's for sure.
    I would say Beckham or Ronaldo would definitely be up there on the global scale. I would hazard a guess that more people outside the US are familiar with LeBron James than they are Tiger. Basketball is pretty big outside the US (although no where close to soccer).
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    This is what I hate the most. Guy is caught red-handed with his hand in the cookie jar and refuses to actually acknowledge what he did wrong and tries to hide behind some words (that he posts on a website--not even in person). What a wussy.
    Agreed 100%. The guy's a pompous jerk, the storm that's coming his way is well deserved.

Retired

Now that he's admitted it, I think it's over.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for his wife. Yeah, he cheated, but if he was Tiger Woods, a normal guy that makes $40k a year, would she have given him the time of day? Not likely. Most of the time they get married for one thing......$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it.

Most well-known athlete? Yao Ming.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post

I have a hard time feeling sorry for his wife. Yeah, he cheated, but if he was Tiger Woods, a normal guy that makes $40k a year, would she have given him the time of day? Not likely. Most of the time they get married for one thing......$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it.
    So she asked Tiger to get married? And Tiger said yes?

I understand what your saying, but man, that's a little harsh. I feel really bad for her.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

the "after" photo
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Just saw Jesper Parnevik on Sportscenter saying he would have to apologize to Elin for introducing her to Tiger. Seriously. That is harsh.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I understand what your saying, but man, that's a little harsh. I feel really bad for her.

Apparently, she may of beat Tiger with a golf club. Would you feel bad for Tiger if he beat his wife with a golf club becuase she was having multiple affairs?

I think she made lots of money of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Just saw Jesper Parnevik on Sportscenter saying he would have to apologize to Elin for introducing her to Tiger. Seriously. That is harsh.
    His full statement was even worse than that.

By Bob Harig
    ESPN.com
    Archive
    Jesper Parnevik, the Swedish golfer who along with his wife, Mia, introduced Elin Nordegren to Tiger Woods, is none too pleased with the world's No. 1 golfer.

Parnevik

Parnevik, 44, who is playing at the PGA Tour's qualifying tournament in West Palm Beach, Fla., told the Golf Channel on Wednesday that "I really feel sorry for Elin," in light of reports that Woods has been unfaithful.

Woods issued an apology on his Web site Wednesday for "transgressions," in the wake of a report that he had a 31-month affair with a Los Angeles woman.

Nordegren, 29, began working for the Parneviks as a nanny in 2000. She was first introduced to Woods at the 2001 British Open and they were married in 2004.

"I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of -- I really feel sorry for Elin -- since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him," Parnevik said. "We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

In a statement issued Wednesday, Woods strongly denied any physical altercation between him and his wife. "The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious."

According to Windermere (Fla.) police chief Daniel Saylor, Woods' wife of five years used a golf club to break the back window of Woods' SUV to get him out of the car after she heard the accident in the early hours of Saturday.

Parnevik, a five-time PGA Tour winner, said he has had no contact with Woods since the accident on Friday.

"It's a private thing of course," he said. "But when you are the guy he is, the world's best athlete, you should think more before you do stuff ... And maybe not just do it, like Nike says."
    Is it just me or wouldn't a 3-Iron do more damage than a driver? Maybe if it was an old wood driver, but if I needed a weapon and had to choose between a modern driver and a 3-Iron, I'd probably go with the iron.

I wonder if Tiger will use that bulletin board material if he ever plays Parnevik in the matchplay tourney like he did with Ames.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-03-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

From what I've heard, the Parneviks consider their nannys as a member of their family. It sounds like Elin is like a sister or a daughter to him so he is probably reacting like a father or brother would if his son in law or brother in law screwed around on his daughter.

As for Tiger using that as bulletin board material, I think Jesper has to get his Tour card back before something like that happens.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    From what I've heard, the Parneviks consider their nannys as a member of their family. It sounds like Elin is like a sister or a daughter to him so he is probably reacting like a father or brother would if his son in law or brother in law screwed around on his daughter.

As for Tiger using that as bulletin board material, I think Jesper has to get his Tour card back before something like that happens.
    Yeah, that's a good point, so he's probably not too worried about it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    the "after" photo
    Yep, WMR shared that earlier...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...&postcount=187

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?