Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    , when they haven't contributed one ounce of the good Tiger Woods has to this world.
    Dom:
    I am fairly apathetic when it comes to golf in general and Tiger Woods. I am honestly curious though about your comment. Other than thrill a lot of people by playing golf perhaps better than anyone else ever has, and making a countless amount of money in the process, what is the "good" that Tiger Woods has provided to this world?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I don't know about you Roy, but the ladies coming into the library day in and day out are awfully hot. And they throw themselves at me pretty much constantly. I don't bite because, well, I doubt I'm clever enough to pull it off for more than about six minutes. And that's my point, really. Can any guy actually pull off having affairs without the little lady getting a whiff? If anything surprises me it's that Tiger is no different from other dumb, rich celebrities who have unlimited access to pretty women in that he too thought he could keep it all under control. He just seemed like a smarter guy than that.
    Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and by all accounts an extremely intelligent person (note: not commenting either way on his politics or Presidency, just his brains). That did not stop him.

Fact is, the upper brain being over-ruled by the lower one is not a matter of intelligence. Sometimes brains is not enough to overcome natural instinct.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Dom:
    I am fairly apathetic when it comes to golf in general and Tiger Woods. I am honestly curious though about your comment. Other than thrill a lot of people by playing golf perhaps better than anyone else ever has, and making a countless amount of money in the process, what is the "good" that Tiger Woods has provided to this world?
    Here's a statement from his foundation. I think he's established pretty well an interest into being larger than golf.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Now that he's admitted it, I think it's over.

I'm not so sure it's over. He still hasn't explained what happened in his accident. Until he comes clean on that, he leaves the door open for rampant speculation and gossip

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not so sure it's over. He still hasn't explained what happened in his accident. Until he comes clean on that, he leaves the door open for rampant speculation and gossip
    And due to that pesky thing called the Constitution, he doesn't have to.

Looks like we'll all just have to get over it and get back to our own perfect lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I understand what your saying, but man, that's a little harsh. I feel really bad for her.
    It's interesting how different people view this. My wife's reaction was "she must really be a witch if he's cheating on her already."

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I don't know about you Roy, but the ladies coming into the library day in and day out are awfully hot. And they throw themselves at me pretty much constantly. I don't bite because, well, I doubt I'm clever enough to pull it off for more than about six minutes. And that's my point, really. Can any guy actually pull off having affairs without the little lady getting a whiff? If anything surprises me it's that Tiger is no different from other dumb, rich celebrities who have unlimited access to pretty women in that he too thought he could keep it all under control. He just seemed like a smarter guy than that.
    I love ya, SD, but this isn't even in the same realm as what Tiger deals with. It isn't even close, in any, way, shape, or form.

Comparing chicks from the library to the smorgasboard celebrities have access to- I hope you didn't write that with a straight face.

This is the point I was gong to raise with Sea Ray- I mean, I appreciate he's been married twice and never had an incident like this, but you know, he probably doesn't have the opportunity like Tiger does.
    What does opportunity have to do with it? Infidelity happened and there was no golf club through the windshield incident

And due to that pesky thing called the Constitution, he doesn't have to.

Looks like we'll all just have to get over it and get back to our own perfect lives.
    The Constitution has nothing to do with this case. There are no crimes here. In fact the Constitution gives TMZ the right to continue to report on this
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 12-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and by all accounts an extremely intelligent person (note: not commenting either way on his politics or Presidency, just his brains). That did not stop him.

Fact is, the upper brain being over-ruled by the lower one is not a matter of intelligence. Sometimes brains is not enough to overcome natural instinct.
    Your second paragraph explains the trysts but not his dumbest moves.

His dumbest moves were sending racy texts and voice messages to his bimbos. He should know that those things are worth big bucks in today's world and for that reason would be cashed in after these affairs ran their course.

It wasn't until his voicemail hit the internet that he came clean on his transgressions.

Very stupid

If anything surprises me it's that Tiger is no different from other dumb, rich celebrities who have unlimited access to pretty women in that he too thought he could keep it all under control. He just seemed like a smarter guy than that.

I don't think you have to limit it to celebrities though. Most guys who cheat think they are smart enough to keep it from their wife. Most get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

One of my Facebook friends lives in the same city as Tiger. He says it was common knowledge around town for years that Tiger had girlfriends on the side, so he's amazed that Elin seemed to have no inkling before last week that any infidelity was happening.
    /r/reds

I love ya, SD, but this isn't even in the same realm as what Tiger deals with. It isn't even close, in any, way, shape, or form.

Comparing chicks from the library to the smorgasboard celebrities have access to- I hope you didn't write that with a straight face.
    I think he was kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    One of my Facebook friends lives in the same city as Tiger. He says it was common knowledge around town for years that Tiger had girlfriends on the side, so he's amazed that Elin seemed to have no inkling before last week that any infidelity was happening.

Well, maybe she did know but she didn't like it when it became public and she was embarrassed.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Maybe she heard stuff but didn't want to believe it. Denial can be pretty powerful.

Turn Off Ads?