Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 920

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

  1. #241
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Maybe she heard stuff but didn't want to believe it. Denial can be pretty powerful.

    That could be too.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #242
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,071

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Constitution has nothing to do with this case. There are no crimes here. In fact the Constitution gives TMZ the right to continue to report on this
    The Constitution has everything to do with it. We don't know if crimes were committed or not- perhaps she hit him with the club- the thing is, the only two witnesses have a right not to say a word.

    That's the only point I was making.

  4. #243
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I love ya, SD, but this isn't even in the same realm as what Tiger deals with. It isn't even close, in any, way, shape, or form.

    Comparing chicks from the library to the smorgasboard celebrities have access to- I hope you didn't write that with a straight face.
    You doubt me?

    Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and by all accounts an extremely intelligent person (note: not commenting either way on his politics or Presidency, just his brains). That did not stop him.

    Fact is, the upper brain being over-ruled by the lower one is not a matter of intelligence. Sometimes brains is not enough to overcome natural instinct.
    Touché
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  5. #244
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    This story claims that Tiger may be prepared to pay this bimbo $1mill to stay quiet

    http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/1...hitel-quiet%2F

    This is the nightclub hostess from NY. Apparently she's hired an expensive attorney to represent her or in other words secure a nice payday, and they were going to have a pesser yesterday to announce the revelations. But they postponed it, apparently so as to give them more time to hold up Tiger for more money.

    Why in the world would Tiger pay her to stay silent now? She's the third bimbo in this mess, who cares if she joins the crowd? Why would Tiger want to set a precedent for future mistresses that they will get paid handsomely for staying silent? I doubt his wife will take kindly to his behavior hitting her family in the pocketbook.

    I don't care how many mistresses Tiger has had but payoff stories like this are what drives these things.
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 12-03-2009 at 03:47 PM.

  6. #245
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This story claims that Tiger may be prepared to pay this bimbo $1mill to stay quiet

    http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/1...hitel-quiet%2F

    This is the nightclub hostess from NY. Apparently she's hired an expensive attorney to represent her or in other words secure a nice payday, and they were going to have a pesser yesterday to announce the revelations. But they postponed it, apparently so as to give them more time to hold up Tiger for more money.

    Why in the world would Tiger pay her to stay silent now? She's the third bimbo in this mess, who cares if she joins the crowd? Why would Tiger want to set a precedent for future mistresses that they will get paid handsomely for staying silent? I doubt his wife will take kindly to his behavior hitting her family in the pocketbook.

    I don't care how many mistresses Tiger has had but payoff stories like this are what drives these things.
    C'mon, if you're a woman and you can get into Tiger's checkbook, it's a no-brainer.

    Tiger's the stupid one to have done something to warrant the hush money.

  7. #246
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,071

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    C'mon, if you're a woman and you can get into Tiger's checkbook, it's a no-brainer.

    Tiger's the stupid one to have done something to warrant the hush money.

    The story on NBC this morning was $5 million, with a moving of the fully vested day from 10 years to 7, at which I believe she is eligible for a $20 million dollar payout.

    I think she's fine either way she chooses to go.

    What is weird that Tiger is paying the money because it's better for his image to be married.

    I tell you, rich people live in a different world.

  8. #247
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    This is the nightclub hostess from NY. Apparently she's hired an expensive attorney to represent her or in other words secure a nice payday, and they were going to have a pesser yesterday to announce the revelations. But they postponed it, apparently so as to give them more time to hold up Tiger for more money.

    Why in the world would Tiger pay her to stay silent now? She's the third bimbo in this mess, who cares if she joins the crowd? Why would Tiger want to set a precedent for future mistresses that they will get paid handsomely for staying silent? I doubt his wife will take kindly to his behavior hitting her family in the pocketbook.

    I don't care how many mistresses Tiger has had but payoff stories like this are what drives these things.
    That's a good point. Everybody who is anybody knows he screwed around on his wife. The cat's out of the bag. The only reason I could see for him to pay her off is that he values his privacy so much that he doesn't want these women talking about him any more than they already have.

    It also looks like Elin has $55M reasons to stay married to Tiger for at least another 2 years. $80M if it's for 7 more years. Plus she is getting a $5M bonus for signing this new agreement.

    http://tristatehomepage.com/content/...xt/?cid=114512
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  9. #248
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Wow. This bimbo explosion is costing Tiger some big bucks...

  10. #249
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,843

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Our culture is increasingly getting into the habit of defining the whole of a person's character by their one or two weaknesses. That's just not fair and no one would dare to judge themselves by the same standards. And people are naive if they think their any of their favorite stars are the moral rocks they want to believe they are.
    I disagree completely. If anything, our culture has been too forgiving for this sort of thing. Has Tiger lost any of his sponsors yet? I see tons of people saying things like, "It's not our business, leave him alone" and "everyone makes mistakes" etc. I don't think celebrities/athletes should be held to higher standards than anyone else, but it doesn't mean they should get a pass for their mistakes either.

  11. #250
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,843

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Well, Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar and by all accounts an extremely intelligent person (note: not commenting either way on his politics or Presidency, just his brains). That did not stop him.

    Fact is, the upper brain being over-ruled by the lower one is not a matter of intelligence. Sometimes brains is not enough to overcome natural instinct.
    I completely disagree with this logic. It's just an excuse and a poor one at that.

    The answer here is...don't get married to begin with! And certainly don't have children. And if you discover during your marriage that you'd rather sleep around instead of be faithful to your wife, then get a divorce! Why do that? Cheating on your wife, wrecking your family and paying off bimbos with hush money is certainly not noble by most people's standards.

  12. #251
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,035

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I agree completely with what Roy is saying. I'll add to that I'm also surprised at the sweeping conclusions people are making regarding Tiger's character. I'm reading news stories where reporters are getting comments from golf fans and I can't believe what they're saying about him. You'd think he was the worst person in the world. Like Roy said, it in no way makes is less wrong, but these very people making these comments would almost certainly not be able to avoid making the same mistakes in the face of what he's constantly tempted with.

    Our culture is increasingly getting into the habit of defining the whole of a person's character by their one or two weaknesses. That's just not fair and no one would dare to judge themselves by the same standards. And people are naive if they think their any of their favorite stars are the moral rocks they want to believe they are.
    I'll ramble a little here.

    If Tiger Woods has been, and lets face it...the evidence is piling up, cheating on his wife (and family for that matter) with multiple women then I view him as a sleazebag.

    If John Doe does the same thing, I view him as a sleazebag.

    If that makes me uncool for labeling someone for that one weakness as you say, I will take the heat. I'm not perfect myself and will never claim to be.

    MWM...you've made a few comments on here making it seem excusable for his behavior. One was regarding natural instinct and then above you mention the constant temptation in Tiger's life and that others on this board would cheat in Tiger's situation. You would make a nice defense attorney. However, I can sit here and write this with all my conviction...it is never excusable to have an affair. Period. I don't have anything to add to that and it is not up for debate with me.

    That said, lets not be naive. One of the conditions of being a celebrity is that any moral failure winds up in the tabloids. Its the unwritten rule and it will never change. I mean seriously, if you are Tiger Woods you have to be smart enough to realize that sleeping around on your wife is a potential 100 million dollar risk. He had to have known that. Yet he did it anyway.

    Does Tiger Woods truly deserve this grief over what he did? No. Does Tiger Woods deserve 1 billion dollars because he hits a tiny ball well? No. And there you have the life of celebrity in the year 2009.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 12-04-2009 at 01:10 AM.

  13. #252
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Lots of judges and juries around here from people who most likely would do the same thing Tiger did if they were in his situation. Don't fool yourself. No one said it's OK. But if you think almost ALL of the guys who are recognizable, rich athletes aren't doing the exact same thing, you're being naive, IMO.

    And yeah, I'd like to think I'm enlightened enough to not think I know the entirety of a person's character (i.e. thinking someone a sleazeball) based on a single weakness I'm aware of. I know I'm far from perfect and I also know there's a lot more to me than those imperfections. There's a lot more to who Tiger Woods is than the fact that he can't resist the sexual advances of beautiful women. So if folks want to think he's scum based on this, have at it. I doubt you'd ever judge yourself with that same scrutiny.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  14. #253
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,035

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Lots of judges and juries around here from people who most likely would do the same thing Tiger did if they were in his situation. Don't fool yourself. No one said it's OK. But if you think almost ALL of the guys who are recognizable, rich athletes aren't doing the exact same thing, you're being naive, IMO.

    And yeah, I'd like to think I'm enlightened enough to not think I know the entirety of a person's character (i.e. thinking someone a sleazeball) based on a single weakness I'm aware of. I know I'm far from perfect and I also know there's a lot more to me than those imperfections. There's a lot more to who Tiger Woods is than the fact that he can't resist the sexual advances of beautiful women. So if folks want to think he's scum based on this, have at it. I doubt you'd ever judge yourself with that same scrutiny.
    That is your opinion, but it is wrong. If kaldaniels cheated on his wife with other woman, then kaldaniels is a sleazeball.

    I wasn't shocked to hear about Tiger's action on the side, nor would I be suprised to hear the same thing about other athletes, so I ask that you don't assume I am being naive...those were your assumptions about me.

    Wrong is wrong. Would you do the same thing Tiger did if you were in his shoes? Because you assume that others on here would. (Point being it is unfair for me to draw assumptions about anyone but myself)
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 12-04-2009 at 02:01 AM.

  15. #254
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,394

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    I have no idea if Tiger's a sleazeball, but this certainly says something about his character. It's pretty simple- once you have kids, you have a new job, which entails being a father. Being a father requires a certain commitment to being honest and maintaining a healthy relationship with your family. Is it difficult to do those things when beautiful babes are tossing themselves at you right and left? Probably, but at the same time when you have as much money as Tiger Woods does you can certainly afford to build whatever world you need to provide an environment that's right for raising those kids and growing your family. The bottom line is whether one cares enough to behave in a way that puts the family first or not. In this case, it certainly seems not.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  16. #255
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,314

    Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEkomaBTppY



    Also:

    Was does Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common?


    They both get clubbed by Scandinavians. HI-OOOH!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25