Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

We're going to be up to no. 6 here by day's end.

Oh boy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Now word has come out that he was trying to pay off the women in his life behind the scenes for their silence, while remaining silent himself. That strategy didn't seem to work so well, so I'd say that he has set a fine precedent for how not to handle a story like this.
    Yup. Tiger could have used this pearl of wisdom from Michael Scott.

"Here's the thing. When a company screws up, best thing to do is call a press conference. Alert the media and then you control the story. Wait for them to find out, and the story controls you. That's what happened to O.J."

Jason Whitlock weighs in on how poorly this past week reflects upon the media:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whitlock;
    Don’t expect an apology from the media. We’re no better than the gossip rags, tabloids and blogs, and we will no longer strive to be.

The high road no longer pays our bills.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The police asked Elin how many times she hit Tiger. She said, "I don't know, I don't know. Put me down for a 5."

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The police asked Elin how many times she hit Tiger. She said, "I don't know, I don't know. Put me down for a 5."

That's the best one I've heard yet.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Here's an interesting take I read somewhere else:

"Chris Brown beats Rihanna for getting text messages from someone else and he's branded a monster. Tiger Woods' wife hits him for the same reason and she's strong and standing up for herself."
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post

Tiger was asked how many women he's been sleeping with besides his wife. He said 'You better give me an 8 because I think I exceeded the shot limit.'
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

"Chris Brown beats Rihanna for getting text messages from someone else and he's branded a monster. Tiger Woods' wife hits him for the same reason and she's strong and standing up for herself."
    Yeah, that's really the same.

Don't you know, men getting beat by their wives is funny. The day after this came out a local radio station had women call in and brag what object they beat their spouse/boyfriends with. The callers and host were laughting their butts off. Some of the objects were a frying pan, a baseball bat, a folded metal step ladder, a wrench, and an hot iron.

I'd just like to point out that the story of Elin beating Tiger is still just speculation. His extra-martial activities are not, but the beat down is.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I think the overall reality is marriage has become a joke in this country. The divorce rate is over 50%. It's pretty clear, marriage has lost a lot of its meaning in this country and the fact that so many folks see having an affair as not a big deal or "unsurprising" helps cement that."

Actually the divorce rate really isn't over 50%. It depends on how you figure it but let me put it this way. Once you're married, you have no more than a 41% chance of getting divorced

The method preferred by social scientists in determining the divorce rate is to calculate how many people who have ever married subsequently divorced.

Counted that way, the rate has never exceeded about 41 percent, researchers say. Although sharply rising rates in the 1970's led some to project that the number would keep increasing, the rate has instead begun to inch
    downward.
    http://www.divorcereform.org/nyt05.html

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Don't you know, men getting beat by their wives is funny. The day after this came out a local radio station had women call in and brag what object they beat their spouse/boyfriends with. The callers and host were laughting their butts off. Some of the objects were a frying pan, a baseball bat, a folded metal step ladder, a wrench, and an hot iron.
    It's funny when a cat attacks a dog.

It isn't funny when a dog attacks a cat.

Did someone on here seriously compare Chris Brown to Tiger Wood's wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Did someone on here seriously compare Chris Brown to Tiger Wood's wife?
    I think the comparison was the media and the public's response to the accusations.
    Chris Brown = Monster
    Tiger's wife = hero/punchline

Even if the severity of what happened isn't the same (and in Tiger's case, we don't know if she hit him with a golf club, or at all for that matter) it's a strange double standard that it's funny thing if she did hit him with a club.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I think the comparison was the media and the public's response to the accusations.
    Chris Brown = Monster
    Tiger's wife = hero/punchline

Even if the severity of what happened isn't the same (and in Tiger's case, we don't know if she hit him with a golf club, or at all for that matter) it's a strange double standard that it's funny thing if she did hit him with a club.
    Well let's see- Chris Brown hit Rihanna after he got text messages from another woman. So not only did he cheat on her, apparently, he then beat her for asking about it.

As well- the double standard comes from, you know, men hit a lot harder than women. And you really see a lot of men in clinics for being battered. Gosh, I must know a thousand people off the top off my head who sit in fear of their....wives.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 12-07-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    As well- the double standard comes from, you know, men hit a lot harder than women. And you really see a lot of men in clinics for being battered. Gosh, I must know a thousand people off the top off my head who sit in fear of their....wives.
    I don't think domestic violence is funny either way. And if she really hit him with a golf club, then it doesn't matter how hard she punches.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?