Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The only stick that fans should concern ourselves with is the one he plays golf with, not the other one that he plays other games with.
    Fans can choose whatever reason they want for liking or not liking a player. If it weren't for the fans, these guys wouldn't be making the money they do. Of course, if Tiger fans don't like how he handles his personal life, they can always just not buy his stuff. Now if you direct that statement at the media. I would tend to agree. At this point, the media just needs to get over it.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Like Roy pointed out, there's two sides to how some think about this - the human and the PR sides. My opinions are all about the human side. I really don't care much about how any of this impacts his public perception. And I really don't think Tiger should care much either. Whether he will or not is another story. Heck, the one thing that could turn me off a little to Tiger is if PR becomes the focal point of how he handles this whole thing.

He has serious life issues and if all he seems to care about is his public persona so he can continue to maximize his endorsements, then that will be disappointing to me. To me, none of that means squat and I'd worry about the life stuff and say screw PR. I'd just want to get my life in order and do what's best for THAT, regardless of how it affects my image.

I will say this, I do agree with some of the players who said the timing of this statement is poor. There's no reason why it couldn't have waited until Monday when the match play was over. He know it will overshadow anything that's going on on the course and he's doing it anyway. That stinks, IMO, but I don't know all of the reasons behind it. My understanding as much as anything is that he wants to let everyone know what his futureplans are for golf.

I don't blame him at all for controlling the message and doing it on his terms. That's just common sense to me. But doing it this Friday is poor form.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't blame him at all for controlling the message and doing it on his terms. That's just common sense to me. But doing it this Friday is poor form.
    It may be poor form, but it makes sense on many other levels that would appeal to the image-conscience Tiger Woods machine.

His 'up yours' to Accenture notwithstanding, there is also that little event known as the Winter Olympics gobbling up quite a bit of the sports media spotlight at the moment.

Timing is everything.

What a joke of a speech. He'll have a tough time recovering from this debacle.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    What a joke of a speech. He'll have a tough time recovering from this debacle.
    What is he saying?

It was basically your normal "I'm deeply sorry."

However he did say quote: "Elin did not hit me. There has not been any domestic violence in our marriage. Ever" (referring to the night of the crash)

He also asked that his family be left alone. Elin was not there, but his mom and a friend from college were.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    What is he saying?
    It was a circus. He brought up Buddhism, he then hugged and kissed everyone who was there. Stay away from my family, yada yada yada. i didn't take PEDs.

I'm sure there will be a transcript on-line somewhere.

That was horrendous, actually much worse than I thought it would be. Awkward and predictable.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Also, I get the feeling that he is "deeply sorry" all right, but not that he cheated (had affairs, as he put it), but that he got caught.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    It was basically your normal "I'm deeply sorry."

However he did say quote: "Elin did not hit me. There has not been any domestic violence in our marriage. Ever" (referring to the night of the crash)

He also asked that his family be left alone. Elin was not there, but his mom and a friend from college were.

He actually said that Elin didn't hit him that night, or any other night.

But I guess she could have beat him down with a nine iron in the early morning and still have made the statement truthful.

Retired

She might not have actually hit him, but it doesn't mean she didn't try to.

I thought his speach was a little long, but his message was fine and what it should have been. Even for someone like Tiger Woods I'm sure that was very difficult. Hopefully he was sincere and will be a better man going forward.

Heard it on the radio, sounded like he was reading right from the page.

GREETINGS EARTHLINGS. I AM THE 9000 SERIES PERSONAL REMORSE UNIT. PLEASE INFORM ME WHEN I HAVE REACHED AN APPROPRIATE LEVEL OF SINCERE REGRET.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?