Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 920

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

  1. #706
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Is that even interesting at this point?

    I doubt even TMZ would be excited to run that story.
    Are you saying TMZ is done with Tiger stories?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #707
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,944

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Are you saying TMZ is done with Tiger stories?
    I'm saying Tiger's story is boring and they know it. In other words, his garbage can isn't the first one on their list...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  4. #708
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,944

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Who knows. Let's move beyond the Nike Golf stuff. Would you buy a razor, a deodorant or a car because the best golfer in history does? I think the question becomes more muddled as you get beyond products used in his sport.

    So far the answers to these questions are no. Companies do not want a sex addict endorsing their products. He's lost a lot of endorsements so far and likely more to come
    A better question.... why would anyone buy a razor because a celebrity used it? Seriously.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  5. #709
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm saying Tiger's story is boring and they know it.

    So they won't run any more Tiger stories because they know it's boring?

    If that's what you're saying then I disagree. He's the hottest thing going for an outfit like that.

    I'll do you one better. What if a picture crops up of Tiger in bed with one of those porn stars? Think that such a picture wouldn't be worth a ton of money to one of these tabloids?

  6. #710
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,944

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So they won't run any more Tiger stories because they know it's boring?

    If that's what your saying then I disagree. He's the hottest thing going for an outfit like that.

    I'll do you one better. What if a picture crops up of Tiger in bed with one of those porn stars? Think that such a picture wouldn't be worth a ton of money to one of these tabloids?
    I'm saying if they run a Tiger story it's because they've come up empty sifting through a slew of others' sewage.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  7. #711
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    A better question.... why would anyone buy a razor because a celebrity used it? Seriously.
    I cede your point and I can't answer that but obviously some folks must so the question remains...

  8. #712
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'm saying if they run a Tiger story it's because they've come up empty sifting through a slew of others' sewage.
    I say they'd do it because it'd make money for them. It'd generate traffic to their website and ratings for their TV show

  9. #713
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,944

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Think that such a picture wouldn't be worth a ton of money to one of these tabloids?
    I think its more an indictment of those who might pay to see it.... and again, are there really people who couldn't wait to get a glimpse? At this point it would be more like the squished possum on the side of the road...

    Absolutely zero news value.... Actually it's negative newsworthy....kinda like an intellectual black hole pulling grey matter into a void from which it will never be seen again...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  10. #714
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,834

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    I thought that Tiger Woods's apology was both well scripted and sincere, and he did indicate that he realizes his actions will mean more than his words.
    I also agree that Woods does not owe an apology to his fans or his sponsors or to the world at large. The people whom he has primarily hurt, and he whom he owes an apology, are his wife and his children.
    I will admit to some irritation with those who have fostered the cult of Tiger. His late father once proclaimed that "Tiger will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity." I understand proud fathers, I'm one myself, but I have never thought that I spawned the Messiah.
    Publicly if not privately Tiger himself sometimes seemed to buy into his own wonderfulness. The web site of the Tiger Woods Foundation still has Tiger proclaiming that he applies "integrity, honesty, discipline, responsibility" to "everything" that he does.
    The fans of Tiger Woods are also quick to defend Tiger from criticism. When people such as Tom Watson and Rick Reilly have asked that Tiger reduce the number of "F-Bombs" he unleases on the course many condemned the critics, saying that people didn't appreciate the stress a golfer labors under, as if Hogan, Snead, Palmer, Nicklaus, Trevino, et al, were never under any stress. In his statement on Friday Tiger mentioned a need to make his behavior "more respectful" of the game and I hope he does that.
    Tiger Woods does deserve some praise. The Tiger Woods Foundation reportedly has donated $30,000,000 to charitable causes and Charity Navigator gives it a four star rating, its highest. However it can also be noted that Tiger is hardly Mother Teresa; Forbes has estimated that Tiger has earned about one billion dollars and will make $300,000,000 this year alone. The parable of the Widow's Mite teaches us that a poor person who gives virtually all that she has is more deserving of praise than the rich person who gives only a small percentage of his riches.
    Tiger Woods is perhaps the greatest golfer of all time. That has been his primary aspiration in life.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  11. #715
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    12,165

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK. Does that also mean you don't care about any more Tiger Woods stories? Perhaps.

    What if you heard that TMZ.com had the inside scoop on why Tiger crashed on Thanksgiving night? Would you go to their website and read the story? I'm not a People magazine type myself but I must say I would go read the story. Any unanswered questions intrigue me and that's why this story won't go away unless Tiger comes clean.
    Its not that I don't care about it any more. But I am starting to feel like needing a shower after reading about him. I'm pretty sure I get the gist of what he was doing. And I don't like all that.

    And I also feel like, if I do, I'm contributing to culture of sensationalism and trashy news that is replacing hard news in this country. I think we collectively as a country have our heads up our butts about what's going on and we expend ridiculously large amounts of time on topics like these.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  12. #716
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,671

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    you'd think at some point he'd have to come out and say "Hi, I'm Tiger and I am a sex addict."
    As would every other red-blooded male who is even semi-conscious.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  13. #717
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,944

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quick!!!!!!! Everyone run to TMZ's site....quick!!!!! There are racy photos of a bronze medal winner!!!!!
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  14. #718
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    4,854

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Its not that I don't care about it any more. But I am starting to feel like needing a shower after reading about him. I'm pretty sure I get the gist of what he was doing. And I don't like all that.

    And I also feel like, if I do, I'm contributing to culture of sensationalism and trashy news that is replacing hard news in this country. I think we collectively as a country have our heads up our butts about what's going on and we expend ridiculously large amounts of time on topics like these.
    Yep. When we strip away all the salaciousness and the stature of the person involved, we're left with the fact that a professional athlete cheated on his wife. That's not exactly man-bites-dog territory. I don't approve of what he did, but ultimately it's none of my business, and the only feel-good possibility in all of this was to refuse to be an enabler for the circus.
    Not all who wander are lost

  15. #719
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    A better question.... why would anyone buy a razor because a celebrity used it? Seriously.
    Why would anyone buy car insurance from a talking gecko?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  16. #720
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Why would anyone buy car insurance from a talking gecko?
    Because I prefer his accent to the cavemen, duh.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25