Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Has he played golf yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

You lost me at Jason Whitlock. He's a tool and a hack. Fact is, there was NEVER a time that couldn't be spun to somehow show he's being duplicitous.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Tiger will be holding a press conference on April 5th at Augusta. Coincidentally that's the same day as Opening Day and the NCAA basketball championship game.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/..._masters_woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

It also happens to be the first day of Masters week when all the players AND reporters will be getting there creating a zoo of an atmosphere. If he doesn't do this, it will be a much bigger distraction than it's already going to be. Him going there and not talking to reporters is really not an option. Getting it out of the way on the first day will ease much of the tension so everyone can be more focused on the actual tournament. There's no way to remove that tension completely, but just ignoring the press would be a disaster. And I don't see any other day he could do it.

Really, he could do it on the day of the 7th game of the world series, the super bowl, the final 4, or any other event and it would STILL be the biggest story out there. I don't think he gets any less attention for the ordeal by putting it on the same day as other big sporting events.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

TMZ has learned Rachel Uchitel -- the pilgrim of alleged mistresses -- settled up with Tiger Woods for waaaaaaay more than you think ... as in $10 MILLION!!

There were numerous reports Rachel settled on the brink of holding a Gloria Allred-style news conference for anywhere between $2 - 5 million.

But our sources -- and they are good -- tell TMZ Tiger was so concerned with the depth and detail of information from Alleged Mistress #1 that they folded like a cheap suit, and offered the huge $10 million sum in return for an ironclad confidentiality agreement.
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/01/tiger-...payout-prenup/

Uchitel must know where the bodies are buried.

Lol. What a disgrace.

Wow! She got rich for just lying on her back and threatening to talk. Reminds me of the joke where a guy in a bar approaches a woman and asks her if she'd sleep with him for $1M. SHe gets all lovie-dovie and says she would. Then the guy asks her if she'd sleep with him for $1. She gets all indignant and asks him, "What do you think I am?" He responds, "We've already established what you are. Now we're negotiating on a price."

In other news, another Tiger mistress said that his agent arranged some of his hookups even though Tiger denied anyone else knowing about his affairs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5043677
    Last edited by Chip R; 04-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I bet Tiger is kicking himself now for the settlement. My guess is he was trying to keep things secretive but had no idea what was still to come out. It now seems like a complete waste to have paid ONE girl to not talk. At the time she was the only known mistress.

On the eve of Tiger's Augusta presser, I thought this column has been about the best column I've read about this whole saga. Especially these two paragraphs.

And count me among those who still consider Jack Nicklaus the best who ever lived, and will continue to think so until that majors record is broken. It has to be the majors record, right? It can't just be total victories, because then we'd all be talking about Sam Snead. But nobody talks about Sam Snead. Which is too bad, because Slammin' Sammy played the game of golf with a great deal of joy. Tiger plays it with none.

And I think that lies at the heart of nearly all these troubles -- that there is something joyless and lifeless in Tiger Woods. That he is a profoundly lonely man deformed around his father's ambitions, that he is a man with a great physical genius and a withered little soul, who thinks of himself as a scorecard and a magazine cover and a revenue stream. (Remember, mythology is not just for the creation of heroes, but for the telling of cautionary tales, too. Maybe that's the last truth of Tiger Woods.)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...cgregor/100404
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    On the eve of Tiger's Augusta presser, I thought this column has been about the best column I've read about this whole saga. Especially these two paragraphs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...cgregor/100404
    I tend to agree a little bit with the premise of the article, but I strongly disagree that Jack is the best golfer of all time. Jack has 4 more majors, but that's really the only thing he has on Tiger. All of Tiger's win percentages are better and at his rate he'll blow away Jack's record.

I think we'd all love to see Tiger and Jack play against each other in their prime. Obviously, that won't happen. But, what I believe would happen is Tiger would beat Jack 60% to 40% due to his short game. Tiger has arguably the best short game of all-time, where Jack wasn't even class. This is why Tiger can win when his swing is off, and the reason he's only missed a few cuts in his career. And this is the main reason why Tiger is the better overall golfer than Jack.

To switch notes, I can't wait for this tournament to start. I always look forward to it like no other, and with all this Tiger drama it's going to be a crazy week.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turns out the people running the Masters asked Tiger to have the press conference on Monday. Haven't watched any of it, but I am curious what he was asked and what he actually answered.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Turns out the people running the Masters asked Tiger to have the press conference on Monday. Haven't watched any of it, but I am curious what he was asked and what he actually answered.
    I just watched the whole thing. There were quite a few questions asked about what has happened. A few questions about golf. He answered everything pretty much. Except about the accident.

He answered questions about the Dr. that came to his house. He stated that the Dr. gave him PNP injections for injuries but that was it. He stated he's never taken any illegal drug.

He stated that on the course he will be more respectful of the game. He said he wouldn't have as many negative outbursts, but he said there probably wouldn't be as many celebratory reactions either. He also stated that he'd interact and acknowledge the fans more. And that in recent years he's taken the fans for granted and won't do that any more.

He also apologized to the other players for having to answer questions about him.

He said that golf is fun again. Over the past few years even when he was winning it wasn't fun. He said "when you're living a lie and deceiving so many people, life is not fun."

To me he seemed very honest and sincere, but I'm sure others will have different opinions.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I hate the new Nike Tiger commercial.

I like the fact that Tiger's playing tomorrow with Kenneth Parcell tomorrow.

"Well gee Mr. Woods, If I had relations with that many women, my mother says that I'd burn in hell."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?