Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Well whatever it is he didn't fix it yet. He is +2 through 12 on the round and for the tournament is now +6 and T76. Only five people are between Tiger and the bottom of the leader board.

People are going low today too. Goosen, Glover and Johnson are all -5 so far on the round and there is generally a lot of red on the board.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This has to be the worst week yet for Tiger considering he's pretty much owned this course since he started playing on it. He ought to just scrap this year and come back next. I just don't want him on the Ryder Cup team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Could it be camera angles?

I haven't watched Tiger play much with the exception of the majors. Lets not forget that any other player in the world not named Tiger or Phil would be perfectly happy with Tiger's finishes in the majors. But then again Tiger has set the bar very high that just coming in the top 10 isn't enough.

When I see him play he just looks like a beaten man. He doesn't have that "it" factor. He doesn't have that ability to will in puts, to hit shots that no one else in the world can hit. He doesn't have that cut throat attitude that made him so great. Tiger needs to quite worrying about what everyone thinks of him and go back to his arrogant, a-holish old self that had a distinct advantage every time he stepped on the course.
    It's not the camera angles. It's pretty easy to see if you check it out.

I agree, he is a beaten man. There's no magic right now. It's like some(woman)one stole his mojo.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

He's still got a shot at last this week with his round today. Five shots out, so if Stenson and Jonzon have decent rounds tomorrow, he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    He's still got a shot at last this week with his round today. Five shots out, so if Stenson and Jonzon have decent rounds tomorrow, he can do it.
    It's like bizarro world. 5 shots back. If Stenson and Jonzon help out Tiger a bit, he could do it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Looks like Tiger won't be able to get it done...although he gave it his best shot.

He isn't that good without PED's.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Doubles at 14 and 16. He's within two strokes with two to go. I may have spoken too soon.

Tiger finishes with a 77 today to finish at +18. He finished in a tie for 78th place.

Wow! I NEVER thought I'd see THIS day for him. +18.... and AT FIRESTONE. I don't think it's possible to exaggerate what a big deal this is within the world of golf. I also have to admit, I'm getting a nice chuckle out of it. Like I've always said, I can't judge the guy too harshly for his sexual escapades, but I think it's clear that Tiger thought he was bigger than the game and this is a much needed dose of humility. Actually, this is probably the first time he's ever really been humbled like this in his entire life.

It will be interesting to see how this affects him in the future. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he announces some kind of injury that will keep him out the rest of the year. He needs to just stop playing competitive golf until the rest of his life is in order.

I think we're now witnessing the biggest and fastest fall from grace in the history of sports. Now, I still think this is temporary and he'll find his way back to the top of the sport at some point, but where he is currently compared to one year ago is beyond comprehension.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Woods is only 6.5-1 to win the PGA next week. Obviously the books are preying on the fact that some people are going to bet on him no matter how bad he's playing, but it's amazing that he's still actually the top choice among bettors.

I can't believe he still wore red today.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think wearing red on Sunday is in his contract with Nike.

maybe he is close to being humbled enough so he can put his life back together ... then maybe his golf game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Woods is only 6.5-1 to win the PGA next week. Obviously the books are preying on the fact that some people are going to bet on him no matter how bad he's playing, but it's amazing that he's still actually the top choice among bettors.
    What's amazing is that he's still the #1 ranked golfer in the world

Turn Off Ads?