Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Why does all of this seem to be coming with a negative connotation toward Tiger? So worst case his wife is nuts and beat the crap out of him? That's his fault?
    I think it would come down to what her reasons were for beating the crap out of him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh so if a girl beats the crap out of a guy for *alledgedly* cheating on them its ok?

Oh so if a girl beats the crap out of a guy for *alledgedly* cheating on them its ok?

No one said it was OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

He was just heading out to meet Billy Gillispie for their 3 am tee time.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Doesn't matter what you WANT to know. Being a fan does not entitle us to anything. If he gbroke the law, he should be held accountable. If this somehow impacted anyone other than Tiger and/or Elin, then that's also a different story. But it appears thus far that this is something that had nothing to do with anyone else but them. They have every right not to want to make it a public scene. Does the TMZ account seem plausible? Sure. Does that mean we should assume it's the truth? No. I'd be more surprised if a guy like Tiger Woods WASN'T having multiple flings as I would about any well-known professional athlete. But it's still none of our business.
    If domestic violence was involved, then it is the duty of the police to find out this information and report it. And it looks like they are making a serious play to do so. Good on them.

I'm so sick and tired of these celebrities and athletes thinking THEY are ENTITLED to special treatment (families of the athletes too). Maybe domestic violence wasn't involved, but since he's refusing to meet with police and has cancelled the meeting 3 times and then ultimately refused to meet with them, I think speculation is fair and the probability he's guilty is quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

If it's not about golf, Tiger Woods owes us no explanation
    I like how the article says Tiger Woods owes us no explanation and then goes on to rehash every rumor out there on what had happen.

If Tiger doesnt want to explain then he shouldn't get too upset at people reporting things.

Sure seems like some kind of domestic shenanigans took place. Wife just happened to bring a golf club to an accident in the driveway at 2:45 AM and windows are broken out? That's always the first thing I bring to an accident scene. Yeah, uh-huh, OK.

Does Tiger owe an explanation to the public? No, he's always just been a golfer, nothing more.

Will he look bad if he doesn't? Most probably the way these kinds of media firestorms can get whipped up.

Is this fair? Probably not, but that's the life of a mega-star. Comes with the territory.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

[QUOTE=fearofpopvol1;1996593]If domestic violence was involved, then it is the duty of the police to find out this information and report it. And it looks like they are making a serious play to do so. Good on them.

I'm so sick and tired of these celebrities and athletes thinking THEY are ENTITLED to special treatment (families of the athletes too). Maybe domestic violence wasn't involved, but since he's refusing to meet with police and has cancelled the meeting 3 times and then ultimately refused to meet with them, I think speculation is fair and the probability he's guilty is quite high.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait till you're on a jury.

Just curious, what makes you say he's seeking "special" treatment? The police want to ask him questions, he doesn't want to let them, he's under no legal obligation to do so.

If they want to go hard on him it's their choice but based on what we know, is there anything they'd be able to arrest him for?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

[QUOTE=Hoosier Red;1996619]
    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    If domestic violence was involved, then it is the duty of the police to find out this information and report it. And it looks like they are making a serious play to do so. Good on them.

I'm so sick and tired of these celebrities and athletes thinking THEY are ENTITLED to special treatment (families of the athletes too). Maybe domestic violence wasn't involved, but since he's refusing to meet with police and has cancelled the meeting 3 times and then ultimately refused to meet with them, I think speculation is fair and the probability he's guilty is quite high.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what makes you say he's seeking "special" treatment? The police want to ask him questions, he doesn't want to let them, he's under no legal obligation to do so.

If they want to go hard on him it's their choice but based on what we know, is there anything they'd be able to arrest him for?
    Getting whipped by your old lady, while embarrassing, doesn't rise to the level of criminality.

Well, to the public it's "alleged." Maybe she found something out that led her to express her rage upside Tiger's head?

I think it's all silly to be honest. It's nobody's business. I watch Tiger because he's a great golfer, not because of the type of person he is. I know that sounds terrible, but I long ago gave up on the idea of public people being "role models." Most people in a position of power and prestige are going to be anything but.

So his wife found out he was having an affair and took a golf club to his face? She must have roughed him up pretty good if he couldn't even see well enough to get out of the driveway. That, or he was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    So his wife found out he was having an affair and took a golf club to his face? She must have roughed him up pretty good if he couldn't even see well enough to get out of the driveway. That, or he was drunk.
    If it was his wife, I had imagined that he was distracted by her bashing out the windows of his Escalade while he was trying to drive away.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

[QUOTE=Hoosier Red;1996619]
    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post

Let's be real about it...the court of public opinion is quite a bit different than the court of law.

I don't know that he's seeking "special treatment," but he's being arrogant about it. If he has nothing to hide, then why shouldn't he talk to police? If you didn't do anything wrong, wouldn't you want to clear your name?

He drove without shoes on. That's illegal in the state of Florida. Obviously not a serious offense, but if his wife did physically assault him, regardless of why, the police should absolutely investigate this. When Chris Brown beat up Rihanna, the police and the public at large absolutely wanted him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. IF the same is true here, why should there be a double standard because she's a woman? It was the exact same thing...2 high profile people in a relationship with the person who got clocked and then tried to cover it up. His wife shouldn't get a pass for that if she did it.

If that chick assaulted Tiger, then she's crazy and she could assault anyone else. The crazies should be locked up. Good on the Police for investigating this further. I hope they unconver the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If it was his wife, I had imagined that he was distracted by her bashing out the windows of his Escalade while he was trying to drive away.
    Either that or the crazy chick jumped in front of his car and he had to swerve to avoid her.

Turn Off Ads?