Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tiger Woods Saga Thread

Re: Tiger Woods in serious condition after car wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    meh small fire burning is not a big deal, big fire exploding (when Tiger throws gas on it by commenting) is a big deal.

Tiger's smart, he doesn't owe us anything. We're free to speculate but we'll probably be distracted by a new rabbit in a week or so.
    I highly doubt it. It's too big of a story to just go away. Media history has shown that those who come clean or at least provide some sort of explanation see the fire put out pretty quickly. Those who are quiet and act like nothing happened will continue to watch the fire burn and grow bigger.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Seems like he is in a lot more serious condition now ... women coming out of the woodwork to claim extra-marital affairs with Tiger.

I guess this is what can happen when you let the little head do the thinking for the big head.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Seems like he is in a lot more serious condition now ... women coming out of the woodwork to claim extra-marital affairs with Tiger.

I guess this is what can happen when you let the little head do the thinking for the big head.

There's more than one? I thought that first woman denied having a relationship with him. If there is more than the one, it might just be women trying to get their own reality show...errr, 15 minutes of fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The best news come from pink websites.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    There's more than one? I thought that first woman denied having a relationship with him.
    the woman who works in New York and somehow ended up in the same hotel that Tiger stayed in when he played in Australia a few weeks ago.

It would be shocking in this day and age to find out that a sports star was having affairs.

None of the extra marital affairs would surprise me in the least. Actually, if he weren't out there screwing around, I'd have been more surprised. That stuff used to bother me, but for some reason it just doesn't any more. It's fairly common knowledge that even family man Ken Griffey Jr. has his "road family". Does not make them bad people. I used to judge and say that I'd never do it under any circumstances, but I think there are likely very few men who could just completely abstain when it's thrown right in front of them constantly. It's constanly at their fingertips that even the strongest of character men would most likely only be able to hold off for so long.

Like I said before, I always just assume that any guy who's rich and famous (especially athletes) are getting it from multiple sources on a regular basis. So when I find out about it (i.e. Letterman) it doesn't change my view of that person.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Does not make them bad people.
    Maybe not as long as you realize that if someone is willing to violate their marriage vows will probably break any other promise given the right condition.

Does Tiger have affairs make him unusual? No its the norm for today's celebrities.

Does it make it right? No. If you don't want to be faithful to your wife then get divorced and play around all you want instead of trampling all over your marriage vows again and again (or don't get married in the first place).

However, a lot of celebrities want to portray a certain image to appeal to a broad spectrum of the public even if they live their real life in a completely different fashion.

I have no animosity toward Tiger (I love to watch him golf). I just hope he realizes he has made mistakes and for the sake of his wife and children he makes better choices in the future.

I guess I am old fashioned in that I take my wedding vows seriously but I also realize that if I were to allow myself to get in a compromising situation I would very likely end up making a poor choice. The key is to choose to not put myself into a situation where I would be likely to make a mistake. A big part of the reason for my fidelity is that I simply would never want to be in a position of having to explain my infidelity to my daughters.

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Retired

Florida Highway Parol is citing him for careless driving, and the investigation is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Looks like Tiger is out of the woods....
    The big issue has never been about criminal charges but more about how the public will react to possibly sordid details about his personal life.

IMO, stonewalling is probably not the best course of action as this is not likely to just fade away.

He is likely to followed everywhere by the paparazzi looking to get pictures of Tiger and the next woman. He is a marked man.

I guess I am old fashioned in that I take my wedding vows seriously but I also realize that if I were to allow myself to get in a compromising situation I would very likely end up making a poor choice. The key is to choose to not put myself into a situation where I would be likely to make a mistake. A big part of the reason for my fidelity is that I simply would never want to be in a position of having to explain my infidelity to my daughters.
    I take my wedding vows very seriously too. But I'm also realistic to know that if I was constantly bombarded with gorgeous women more than willing to jump my bones just because of who I was that it would be EXTREMELY difficult to turn it away forever. It's easy to sit here on a site like this and talk about how we'd never cheat on our spouse and how we're committed to our vows, but we're kidding ourselves if we think it's remotely the same for a guy like Tiger Woods.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The big issue has never been about criminal charges but more about how the public will react to possibly sordid details about his personal life.

IMO, stonewalling is probably not the best course of action as this is not likely to just fade away.

He is likely to followed everywhere by the paparazzi looking to get pictures of Tiger and the next woman. He is a marked man.
    I don't think any of that changes regardless of whether he decides to turn his life into a new reality series or remains very guarded about his private life.

I still don't get why his private life is so interesting to so many. Certainly there isn't a compelling argument that we (the public) deserve to know details of his private life.

Frankly, it is a brilliant course of action to not add a single detail to this tabloid monster. It will have to feed itself (and it's pretty lazy so it prefers to not have to cook or even grocery shop for that matter).
    Last edited by jojo; 12-01-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I still don't get why his private life is so interesting to so many.
    I would say that about any celebrity. However, if that stuff didn't sell there wouldn't be people spending time and money looking for those kind of details.

Turn Off Ads?