Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Dorn

9 10.98%
  • Matt Fairel

1 1.22%
  • Josh Fellhauer

2 2.44%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

2 2.44%
  • Sam Lecure

1 1.22%
  • Devin Mesoraco

37 45.12%
  • Logan Ondrusek

3 3.66%
  • Miguel Rojas

1 1.22%
  • Enerio Del Rosario

0 0%
  • Mark Serrano

2 2.44%
  • Juan Silva

12 14.63%
  • Jordan Smith

1 1.22%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

8 9.76%
  • Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

0 0%
  • Humberto Valor

0 0%
  • Pedro Viola

3 3.66%
  • Other - Name him

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Mesoraco, and it seems to me the next couple are still going to be fairly clear. After that, I'd like to have some information on the injuries to Lotzkar and Hildenbrandt, as I still think that, if they are completely recovered, they've got enough upside to make them credible picks in our 20's. Anybody have any information on those guys' condition? Thanks.
    Lotzkar had TJ surgery and has broken his elbow while pitching.... twice now. Hildenbrand went under the knife as well. Lotzkar probably won't be back throwing until sometime during the season next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lotzkar had TJ surgery and has broken his elbow while pitching.... twice now. Hildenbrand went under the knife as well. Lotzkar probably won't be back throwing until sometime during the season next year.
    Thanks, Doug, got anything on timing of return for Hildenbrand?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Thanks, Doug, got anything on timing of return for Hildenbrand?
    I would assume he would be good to go next April when the season starts... but don't hold me to that. Unlike Lotzkar though, he should be on an expected 9-12 month return timetable.

A few of the players left were discussed by Terry Reynolds at Ramsey's great blog:

BOR: Terry, can you give the audience a few names to watch out for in 2010?

TR: There's some younger guys that they probably haven't heard of that aren't going to be in the big leagues next year but they're going to be fun names to watch in the minor leagues. Actually all 3 are shortstops: Billy Hamilton, who was a 3rd round draft choice for us last year, played in the Gulf Coast League and is very athletic, very crude but a very talented young shortstop. He's a high school guy. Second one would be Miguel Rojas who played shortstop for Dayton last year. If he doesn't have the best hands of any player I've ever seen, he's in the top 3 or 4. He has tremendous hands. He's playing in Venezuela right now in winter ball. The last one would be, Mariekson Gregorius who's a shortstop for us out of Curacao. (He's) really now starting to get confidence, starting to learn what being a pro ballplayer is all about. We've gone from, really kind of looking to have some younger players in the middle of the diamond, to having 3 really good ones. So it's an exciting time for those 3.

BOR: Where do you see Gregorius playing in 2010?

TR: I would guess Rojas would be in (High-A) Lynchburg, Gregorius would be in (A) Dayton and Hamilton being in (Rookie) Billings but that's strictly an educated guess.

BOR: And that would be 1 step up for each of them from last year, correct?

TR: Yes.
    Some cool info there. Three satisfying shortstops.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    A few of the players left were discussed by Terry Reynolds at Ramsey's great blog:

Some cool info there. Three satisfying shortstops.
    I wonder if Reynolds said Hamilton was a 3rd rounder or our 3rd pick and Ramsey transcribed it wrong because Hamilton was the 2nd rounder, but our 3rd overall pick because we got a 1st round compensation pick.

One guy not mentioned though was a guy who also played some shortstop in the GCL Henry Rodriguez. I can't honestly say I know what his defense is like, but his bat seems to be promising at the very least. The Reds certainly have a whole lot of interesting minor league shortstop at the lower levels.

Turn Off Ads?