Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How will the season end for the Colts and Saints?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both teams will lose at least one regular season game

21 58.33%
  • Only one team will lose a regular season game

11 30.56%
  • Both teams will go undefeated in the regular season and meet in the Super Bowl

3 8.33%
  • Both teams will go undefeated in the regular season with one making it to the Super Bowl and winning

1 2.78%
  • Both teams will go undefeated in the regular season with one making it to the Super Bowl and losing

0 0%
  • Both teams will go undefeated in the regular season but neither reaches the Super Bowl

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Colts and the Saints: when will they lose a game?

The Colts and the Saints: when will they lose a game?

It's been a long time since the '72 Miami Dolphins won Super Bowl VII becoming the only NFL team to go undefeated in the regular season and the playoffs with a 17-0 record. Only a few teams have come close to matching the feat with New England the latest contender a couple of seasons ago when they became the first NFL team to finish 16-0 in the regular season but eventually lost to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII.

Last night, the Saints joined the Indianapolis Colts at 11-0, the first time two NFL teams have opened with that many consecutive wins in the same season. So how do people think this season will end for those two teams?
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Re: The Colts and the Saints: when will they lose a game?

I honestly don't see the Saints losing anytime soon and think they could very well go all the way undefeated. I think the Colts end up losing one or 2 games in the regular season and I don't believe they will make the Super Bowl although they are certainly capable of it. Just my gut feelings on the subject.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Just off the top of my head, it seems that going late into the season undefeated happens more often than it used to.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I refuse to believe the saints are this good. I think their D is too built off turn overs.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I refuse to believe the saints are this good. I think their D is too built off turn overs.

Agree. Same with the Colts. They've played with fire too much and are bound to get burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Agree. Same with the Colts. They've played with fire too much and are bound to get burnt.
    I sort of agree. I do think both teams are very, very good. I can't see either finishing the season undefeated though.

I think the Colts lose to the Texans.

And the Saints... the only game I could see them losing is against the Cowboys.

However, come playoff time, even if both go undefeated, I don't think either is a lock for the Super Bowl by any stretch. The Colts clearly have weaknesses, and if the Bengals met them in the playoffs I wouldn't be intimidated by them. You can run on them, and if your line can give your QB enough time, you can throw on them. A tough defensive team that can run the ball and control the clock can knock them out come playoff time (does that team sound familiar? It should ).

And while the Saints are a very good team, I still like the Vikings better in the NFC. The game being in the Superdome would obviously be a tremendous advantage for the Saints, but top to bottom, I think the Vikings have the better team, and they are actually my favorite to come out of that conference.

I think the Colts lose to the Texans.

Indy already swept Houston this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I expect the colts to lose but Peyton is the best player in the NFL so unless he has a bad game it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post

Indy already swept Houston this year.
    I'm guessing he meant Titans and I agree, I think the streak stops this week.
    Of course I've picked that for the last 3 weeks too.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I think the Saints could lose at Atlanta...IF Ryan id healthy.

The Cowboys..as has been the case the last few years...are over rated again. I think the Colts have a tougher schedule. Either the Titans or Jacksonville could beat them.

I am not going to say the Dolphins were not a dominant team back in the 72-73 years.....but in 1972 during the regular season they faced 0 teams with a winning record. The closest was MIN who was 7-7. They played 2 of the worst teams in football that year in BUFF and NE twice...and HOU which was 1-13. Their schedule was very easy that year.
    However...saying that...the fact that they had to go to PITT to play the AFC Championship game beacuse of the stupid rule to rotate the games instead of teams with the best record hosting the game....shows that they clearly were the best team in football..even before beating WAS in the SB.

I just do not think they would have gone undefeated if they had to play an Oakland or Pittsburgh during that year.

The Colts don't have that tough of a schedule to finish up the season. The Titans will probably end up being their toughest test, but I don't think they'll go undefeated. They could lock up home field with a couple more wins and they have a history of taking it easy after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    The Colts don't have that tough of a schedule to finish up the season. The Titans will probably end up being their toughest test, but I don't think they'll go undefeated. They could lock up home field with a couple more wins and they have a history of taking it easy after that.
    Which I absolutely hate... Their whole offense is predicated on timing, and whenever they mess with that, their offense comes out flat.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm guessing he meant Titans and I agree, I think the streak stops this week.
    Of course I've picked that for the last 3 weeks too.
    Good call the Titans are the perfect fit to beat them. A run oriented offense and a decent pass defense. The Colts should run the ball more in this game but if for whatever reason they can't they are gonna have their hands full.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Just off the top of my head, it seems that going late into the season undefeated happens more often than it used to.
    Yup. The NFL's rule changes re: pass defense restrictions and QB hits have been *very* kind to teams with elite-level QBs, like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?