Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Cline

1 1.28%
  • Matt Fairel

1 1.28%
  • Josh Fellhauer

6 7.69%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

1 1.28%
  • Harold Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

4 5.13%
  • Sam Lecure

2 2.56%
  • Logan Ondrusek

3 3.85%
  • Miguel Rojas

3 3.85%
  • Enerio Del Rosario

1 1.28%
  • Mark Serrano

4 5.13%
  • Juan Silva

16 20.51%
  • Jordan Smith

4 5.13%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

11 14.10%
  • Daniel Tuttle

1 1.28%
  • Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

0 0%
  • Humberto Valor

0 0%
  • Pedro Viola

1 1.28%
  • Other - Name him

19 24.36%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

I've seen Dorn play 100 games or so and GOYA is right. He's poor defensively only because of speed. In an OF with Bruce and Stubbs, he's good enough, IMO. His defensive stats all grade out as average or just below. (In fact, his range factor for his career matches up fairly well not only across the minors, but on his team-- as a LF only, that is.)

IMO, he's better with the glove than Gomes, only because he's fundamentally sound. As stated earlier, he's not likely to throw over the cut-off man's head or to the wrong base. There's something to be said about that, after having watched the Reds for the past decade. (Though I do think they improved last season on that count by a great deal.)

I think Dorn's ceiling is what the Reds got out of Gomes last season with a slightly better glove.

Is he better then Dickerson on the corner? That's tough to figure out. Dickerson should be really, really good as a LF (though his lack of experience hurt both him and the Reds in a few games last season). He has power he didn't show last season (at all) as well. Dorn's power plays much better and his swing is better, IMO-- short, slight uppercut, balanced. I'll take the easy way out and say they're about the same.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I've seen Dorn play 100 games or so and GOYA is right. He's poor defensively only because of speed. In an OF with Bruce and Stubbs, he's good enough, IMO. His defensive stats all grade out as average or just below. (In fact, his range factor for his career matches up fairly well not only across the minors, but on his team-- as a LF only, that is.)

IMO, he's better with the glove than Gomes, only because he's fundamentally sound. As stated earlier, he's not likely to throw over the cut-off man's head or to the wrong base. There's something to be said about that, after having watched the Reds for the past decade. (Though I do think they improved last season on that count by a great deal.)

I think Dorn's ceiling is what the Reds got out of Gomes last season with a slightly better glove.

Is he better then Dickerson on the corner? That's tough to figure out. Dickerson should be really, really good as a LF (though his lack of experience hurt both him and the Reds in a few games last season). He has power he didn't show last season (at all) as well. Dorn's power plays much better and his swing is better, IMO-- short, slight uppercut, balanced. I'll take the easy way out and say they're about the same.
    thanks scrappy, it can get intense sometimes when asking a simple question

Turn Off Ads?