Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Big 12 Championship game

Re: Watching the Big 12 Championship game

God, Mack Brown is terrible. He needs to send Vince Young a rather healthy check.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Damn. I think Cincinnati could beat Texas. Heck, I think TCU might be the second best team in the country.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That pass interference call is utter garbage. :thumbdown
    thats really what this game came down to. That one call really changed the whole outcome.

Mccoy should not win the Heisman based solely on that last offensive play.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Louisiana-Monroe
    at Wyoming
    UTEP
    UCF

Why do they escape scrutiny?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Retired

Nebraska gave the game away with the out of bounds kick and then the penalty. Texas is BIG TIME over rated.

Alabama is going to destroy them.

I find it really hard for anyone to say TCU and Cincinnati dont deserve to be in the NC game as much as texas. If Texas wasnt rated so high to start the season I really wonder what people would be saying.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Louisiana-Monroe at Wyoming UTEP UCF Why do they escape scrutiny?
    Not excusing it, because that is weak, but not playing an FCS team does help them with the computer ratings.

A weak game by Texas but W is a W. In the end, that's all the pollsters care about.

Look for the BCS debate to continue to be heated.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A weak game by Texas but W is a W. In the end, that's all the pollsters care about.

Look for the BCS debate to continue to be heated.
    consider me crazy but they only seem to care about wins when certain teams win.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A weak game by Texas but W is a W. In the end, that's all the pollsters care about. Look for the BCS debate to continue to be heated.
    Maybe, but consider that under the old system we would've had Texas-TCU in the Cotton Bowl and Florida-UC in the Sugar Bowl and 100 percent chaos.

Five undefeated teams at the end of the regular season. Too bad we don't have a playoff to determine who the best team is.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 12-06-2009 at 12:16 AM.

I get a kick out of the "Texas is overrated, Alabama will crush them" responses. As if college football were so simplistic that a close championship game suddenly impacts the result of two of the best teams in the country.

I happen to think, like most everyone, that 'Bama is the best team in the country. I actually have thought that essentially all year. But everyone is kidding themselves if they think Texas won't give Alabama everything they can handle and more.

Heck, a week ago, Texas couldn't play defense but their offense was nearly unstoppable. That particular week, I believe there were some folks saying they would get destroyed because their defense is overrated. Now, their offense takes that title.

I promise. On January 7, Texas will be in that game.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I get a kick out of the "Texas is overrated, Alabama will crush them" responses. As if college football were so simplistic that a close championship game suddenly impacts the result of two of the best teams in the country.

I happen to think, like most everyone, that 'Bama is the best team in the country. I actually have thought that essentially all year. But everyone is kidding themselves if they think Texas won't give Alabama everything they can handle and more.

Heck, a week ago, Texas couldn't play defense but their offense was nearly unstoppable. That particular week, I believe there were some folks saying they would get destroyed because their defense is overrated. Now, their offense takes that title.

We're a little more emotionally invested in this than you are. So give us a break. Let us be irrational.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

Texas hasn't played a defense anywhere near as good as Alabama, they aren't going to score a lot of points.

I've gotten to watch Texas and Bama plenty this year, and I think the comments about Texas getting torched are correct. Alabama wins that game by 2 touchdowns at least.

Turn Off Ads?