Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Bowl Selection Sunday

BCS Bowl Selection Sunday

I am preparing for the BCS picks today and am gearing up for pages of debate on what match ups intrigue posters and which ones leave you shaking your head.

Should be a fun bowl season with several teams looking to improve their standings in the final polls.

I would love to see TCU vs. Alabama and the Bearcats vs. Texas unfortunately these match ups won't happen. Florida vs. Boise looks like a good possibility though.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BCS Bowl Selection Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I am preparing for the BCS picks today and am gearing up for pages of debate on what match ups intrigue posters and which ones leave you shaking your head.

Should be a fun bowl season with several teams looking to improve their standings in the final polls.

I would love to see TCU vs. Alabama and the Bearcats vs. Texas unfortunately these match ups won't happen. Florida vs. Boise looks like a good possibility though.
    ESPN is projecting UC vs. the Tebows...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/s...roadtobcs/0909

Brad Edwards' BCS Bowl Projections

BowlMatchupBCS TitleAlabama versus TexasRose BowlOhio St. versus OregonFiesta BowlTCU versus Boise StateOrange BowlGa. Tech versus IowaSugar BowlFlorida versus Cincinnati

I am hoping we don't see a TCU vs. Boise match up. I want to see how both teams fare vs. the big college programs not against each other. Fla. vs. UC would be a very cool match up of offense vs. defense.

Thom Brennamen and Brian Billick will be the announcers of the Sugar Bowl.

They just said so during the Bengals game.

I have mentioned many times before how much I despise the Fox BCS productions.
    -One camera focused on one member of each band, one on the coaches wife (if she is hot), one on the family of highest profile player in game. Rotate cameras accordingly. Routinely cut back to on field action late after play has resumed.
    -Sell only 8 different commercials for the entire broadcast, start repeating them during the middle of the first quarter.
    -Thom must fill space with terrible, speculative, and/or inaccurate anecdotes about each player.

Yuck
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I am hoping we don't see a TCU vs. Boise match up. I want to see how both teams fare vs. the big college programs not against each other. Fla. vs. UC would be a very cool match up of offense vs. defense.
    No one will watch a TCU-Boise matchup. If you haven't followed these teams who do you cheer for? I'd watch both games these teams play in for the underdog factor but I won't care in the least if they're in the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    No one will watch a TCU-Boise matchup. If you haven't followed these teams who do you cheer for? I'd watch both games these teams play in for the underdog factor but I won't care in the least if they're in the same game.
    I'll watch. Boise's O against TCU's D. It should be a good battle.

As if TCU and Boise weren't screwed enough, they'll pair them up against each other.

trbl

I'd like to see a TCU vs Boise State match up, guarantees one will end up undefeated.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'd like to see a TCU vs Boise State match up, guarantees one will end up undefeated.
    I wouldn't. I'd love to see TCU matchup against one of the BCS conference teams.

The entire point of allowing those teams play in the BCS is to see how they match up against the top programs. THAT is what people want to see. Then playing against each other is a slap in the face, IMO. It will prove nothing.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I think it would be cool to get to see Kentucky in the Music City Bowl.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Rivals has the following match ups:

Alabama vs. Texas

Cincinnati vs GT

Iowa vs. TCU

Florida vs. Boise St

Ohio State vs. Oregon

I would love Florida vs Boise St

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I would like to see a UC-TCU matchup if possible. I think it would be cool to beat an unbeaten team.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Those teams have got to play some of the big boys. I think this matchup would be a joke and would do nothing to promote those schools as being able to match up with BCS teams..."to be the man, you gotta beat the man....whooooooo"

If Cincy get stuck with GT that will be a massive slap in the face.

Turn Off Ads?