Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Bowl Selection Sunday

Re: BCS Bowl Selection Sunday

I want to face TCU so we can end their love affair with the media.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, that's what people said about Boise State when they played Oklahoma and Utah against Alabama. Fact is, these programs have closed the gap.

My guess is if UC and TCU played in a bowl game, the Vegas line wouldbe very close but it would most likely be in TCU's favor. I wonder how many who are minimizing TCU have actualyl watched them play a full game. They are legit and can play with just about anyone. They play on both sides of the ball.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The entire point of allowing those teams play in the BCS is to see how they match up against the top programs. THAT is what people want to see. Then playing against each other is a slap in the face, IMO. It will prove nothing.

I don't see it as a slap in the face, I guess I don't care if they are from little conferences, I think it would be best if the number 3 and 6 teams played vs 3 vs 7 or 6 vs 10.

But like I said, I don't care if they are from the little conference, they are undefeated, I just don't see what they have to "prove".
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I don't see it as a slap in the face, I guess I don't care if they are from little conferences, I think it would be best if the number 3 and 6 teams played vs 3 vs 7 or 6 vs 10.

But like I said, I don't care if they are from the little conference, they are undefeated, I just don't see what they have to "prove".
    I don't think they have anything to prove to us or themselves Krono. It is the talking heads we want to shut up. TCU and Boise beating a big time program would go a long way towards doing that.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I don't think they have anything to prove to us or themselves Krono. It is the talking heads we want to shut up. TCU and Boise beating a big time program would go a long way towards doing that.
    Nah, Boise beat Oklahoma and Utah beat Alabama, it will never stop until they are "big" conferences or the few good schools in those conferences join the big ones.

TCU vs Boise would be a good game
    Go Gators!

On another note, how does a bad 6-6 team get into a new years day bowl over 4 teams from the same conference with better records?

What a joke.
    Go Gators!

But even those rankings are based on brand name and the conferences they play in.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

On another note, how does a bad 6-6 team get into a new years day bowl over 4 teams from the same conference with better records?

What a joke.
    The rest of the ACC teams agreed to it as a farewell gift to Bobby Bowden.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I am hoping we don't see a TCU vs. Boise match up. I want to see how both teams fare vs. the big college programs not against each other. Fla. vs. UC would be a very cool match up of offense vs. defense.
    Plus it would just be the same bowl game for those kids. TCU beat Boise St last season in the Poinsettia Bowl 17-16.

Not only do you screw the kids in that one, but also the fans.

The BcS sucks. That's all I have to say.

Did I see that right? TCU ranked #4th? I guess that answers the question if UC would leapfrog them.

Damn. 1 second away. *sigh*

And Boise State v. TCU is an awful matchup. Neither of schools gain anything from that matchup.
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-06-2009 at 08:11 PM.

#3 UC and #5 Florida at the Sugar Bowl as Fox talks like it's a foregone conclusion that Kelly is headed to Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    And Boise State v. TCU is an awful matchup. Neither of schools gain anything from that matchup.
    Exactly. The reason these teams want to play the big boys is that is helps their arguments in the future when they go undefeated. The more often a Utah beats an Alabama, the more likely it will be for the voters to finally give one of these teams a chance to play for the title.

Should TCU be the team getting so much hype and respect in the rankings compared to Boise this year...Boise St. beat Oregon for crying out loud. Boise has hardly gotten a mention it seems from the talking heads this year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Should TCU be the team getting so much hype and respect in the rankings compared to Boise this year...Boise St. beat Oregon for crying out loud. Boise has hardly gotten a mention it seems from the talking heads this year.
    Oregon is the only team that Boise beat who would even go .500 against the schedules of Texas, Cincinnati or TCU. They just don't have the schedule that really gets them in the conversation. Not that its entirely their fault, the league really let them down this year.

Turn Off Ads?