Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Early Draft Entries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NFL Early Draft Entries

We love the draft at RedsZone so much so we have our own Mock Draft that people have a great time with. Over the next few weeks folks will be coming out early. List them here and your feelings on their draft stock.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Re: NFL Early Draft Entries

Claussen to enter the draft:

Following the advice of deposed Irish coach Charlie Weis, Clausen has decided to forgo his senior season and enter this April’s draft. Rated as perhaps the top quarterback in this year’s class, he is believed to be coveted by St. Louis, Cleveland and Washington — three teams that will conceivably pick in the top 5.

“After the season, in talking to my parents and obviously Coach Weis, I just feel it’s the right time,‘’ Clausen told ESPN.com on Monday before a scheduled 2 p.m. ET news conference in South Bend. "Coach Weis told me whether he was going to be here or not be here, it was time for me to go. He thought I’ve improved so much since I came to Notre Dame. So, I’m taking his advice, and I’m going to head out
    Top 5 pick as many teams near the top of the draft will be looking for QB's. The Redskins sent scouts to South Bend for a look and depending on how he does at the combine his stock could continue to rise.

Senor Votto

Where will Tebow get drafted at?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Where will Tebow get drafted at?
    No earlier than 5th round if a team cares enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I think somebody will take a chance on Tim Tebow in the third or fourth round. Dude is a pure athlete with strength and speed. It will all depend on how he does at the combine. In my opinion he makes a big mistake if he doesn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I think somebody will take a chance on Tim Tebow in the third or fourth round. Dude is a pure athlete with strength and speed. It will all depend on how he does at the combine. In my opinion he makes a big mistake if he doesn't go.
    If guys like Pat White cant play in the NFL yet then there is no reason to draft Tim Tebow with a high pick.

I'll take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'll take that bet.
    My bet is subjective. My statement is that a team who wants to not waste a pick wont take him before the 5th. He doubtful will play QB in the pros unless the some how becomes a great passer by the time the draft rolls around.

Tebow would never survive in a pro offense. Possibly in some type of package, but he'll never be a #1. No way. . EVER. He's never consistently made reads across the field and his accuracy is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Tebow would never survive in a pro offense. Possibly in some type of package, but he'll never be a #1. No way. . EVER. He's never consistently made reads across the field and his accuracy is questionable.
    Tebow could be a real killer if drafted by Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Tebow could be a real killer if drafted by Miami.
    Theyve already got a better model... Pat White :
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Tate from ND is someone im really high on. that guy is amazing the few times I watched ND this year.

I wonder at Jimmy Claussen's first press conference if he will sit down with his high school state championship rings on one hand and his 4 BCS championship rings on the other and claim he is going to win super bowls. Oh wait, he never won those BCS championships like he said he would.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wonder at Jimmy Claussen's first press conference if he will sit down with his high school state championship rings on one hand and his 4 BCS championship rings on the other and claim he is going to win super bowls. Oh wait, he never won those BCS championships like he said he would.
    :ughmamoru

Well, I'm sure the high school state championship rings will earn him instant credibility in an NFL locker room.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I think someone will take Tebow in the 2nd or 3rd round thinking that this whole Wildcat thing isn't a fad and he could be a real asset.

The only problem I see is that he really isn't a very good runner. He's mobile, but as a puer runner, he was a head down and try to get a few yards kind of guy. He's not fast enough to run in the NFL. But I think someone will see enough upside to grab him earlier than most other teams will. Plus, Tebow is still a young guy. He could bulk up even more than he is now and become a fullback or a situational tight end. He does enough things well that he could have some value on an NFL roster and he seems to be a head strong kid, so he might just find a way to become a productive NFL player if a team is willing to use his skillset correctly.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?