Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Early Draft Entries

Re: NFL Early Draft Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    No earlier than 5th round if a team cares enough.
    Tebow would never survive in a pro offense. Possibly in some type of package, but he'll never be a #1. No way. . EVER. He's never consistently made reads across the field and his accuracy is questionable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think teams will look for a reason to draft Tebow, but he will have to have great stats at the combine.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Clausen should be a Top 10 pick. I know a lot of people hate him and ND, but he's a legit NFL prospect and may be the best pro prospect in college this year not named Ryan Mallet. Jake Locker is up there too.
    I look for it to be between him and Locker, but make no mistake, this QB class is WEAK.

My ultra preliminary top ten mock, brought to you by the Big 12:

1.Cle-Jake Locker(QB-Washington). I think Holmgren has some role in Cleveland and he would be familiar with Locker as somebody to build around.

2.TB-Nmadkong Suh(DT-Nebraska)
    3.StL-Jimmy Claussen(QB-Notre Dame)
    4.Det-Russell Okung(OT-Oklahoma St)
    5.KC-Gerald McCoy(DT-Oklahoma)
    6.Was-Trent Williams(OT-Oklahoma)
    7.Oak-Taylor Mays(S-USC)
    8.Sea-Eric Berry(S-Tennessee)
    9.Buf-Dez Bryant(WR-Oklahoma St)
    10.Den-Sam Bradford(QB-Oklahoma)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I look for it to be between him and Locker, but make no mistake, this QB class is WEAK.

1.Cle-Jake Locker(QB-Washington). I think Holmgren has some role in Cleveland and he would be familiar with Locker as somebody to build around.

7.Oak-Taylor Mays(S-USC)
    I think you will see Taylor Mays slide to the second half of the first round. He is a traditional SS, not really favored by many of today's defenses. He would be perfect for a defense like Mike Zimmer's, but he will be limited in pass coverage.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

7.Oak-Taylor Mays(S-USC)
    This QB class is weak???? Huh???? I had always thought the experts said this was a good QB class. Depending on how the picks go I think you can see Locker, Claussen, Bradford, and McCoy go in the 1st round. I also don't know if a guy like Sneed could combine his way into a 1st round pick.

As for Claussen I wouldn't touch him with an early pick. He has an arrogant streak that would scare me as a GM. The only QB in today's game that has an arrogant level that can even touch Claussen's is Rivers. I want the leader of my team to be confident yet humble. With the exception of Rivers you never see a top QB taunt the opposite sideline. I have seen Claussen do that numerous times.

Eric Berry laughs and spits at Taylor Mays being in front of him.

Berry is the truff. Reminds me of Ed Reed. The guy is always around the ball.

7.Oak-Taylor Mays(S-USC)
    If Oakland takes Taylor Mays I may have to hang up the colors for good (or at least until Al Davis is gone). You could have Nnamdi and Neon Deion at the corners and Polomalu and Ed Reed as your safeties and still have below par defense because you are not getting any pressure on the qb and not stopping the run. The Raiders problem has been the front 7 the last few years and we continue to reach like morons with our first round picks for track guys and physical freaks with million dollar arm and 5 cent head qbs.

This QB class is the deepest of potential draft picks that we have seen since maybe the class that included Rivers and Manning. This class could literally go 8-10 deep of at least BACKUP ability. To the point where some team maybe really happy with a guy in the 3rd-4th round because theres just so many.

In no particular order:
    Claussen (already declared)
    Bradford (already declared)
    Locker (if he declares)
    Mallet (if he declares)
    LaFevour
    McCoy
    Pike

All 7 of these guys could be taken in the first 2 rounds.

Tebow is a floater in my eyes (depends on if he's willing to take a "slash" role to start and "earn" a qb job)

Robinson
    Keenum
    Hiller
    Snead (if he declares)

These 4 could very easily move up into that first group with impressive numbers at the combine and workouts.

One guy that I hope an NFL with a GOOD coaching staff takes a chance on is Jared Brown, the guy has all the physical tools he lacks the experience only starting this year at WVU, great charecter guy, will "wait his turn", and had arguably the biggest... (thinking of a word that won't get me in trouble with the mods)... morons in division 1 as his coach and offensive cordinator, plus a concussion vs Marshall really affected his season.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Tebow would never survive in a pro offense. Possibly in some type of package, but he'll never be a #1. No way. . EVER. He's never consistently made reads across the field and his accuracy is questionable.
    Tebow could be a real killer if drafted by Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Tebow could be a real killer if drafted by Miami.
    Theyve already got a better model... Pat White :
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Eric Berry laughs and spits at Taylor Mays being in front of him.

Berry is the truff. Reminds me of Ed Reed. The guy is always around the ball.
    I thought about putting Berry in at Detroit, but they need somebody to protect Stafford. You could also make an argument for Dez Bryant, even with their reputation for wideouts.

The reason I put Mays at Oakland is because it is an Al Davis pick. Think Derrius Heyward-Bey over Michael Crabtree.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This QB class is weak???? Huh???? I had always thought the experts said this was a good QB class. Depending on how the picks go I think you can see Locker, Claussen, Bradford, and McCoy go in the 1st round. I also don't know if a guy like Sneed could combine his way into a 1st round pick.

As for Claussen I wouldn't touch him with an early pick. He has an arrogant streak that would scare me as a GM. The only QB in today's game that has an arrogant level that can even touch Claussen's is Rivers. I want the leader of my team to be confident yet humble. With the exception of Rivers you never see a top QB taunt the opposite sideline. I have seen Claussen do that numerous times.
    I should probably clarify that. In terms of superstar talent, this class is weak. Claussen is probably the closest thing to it but he is going to have to prove he belongs. The rest have their share of concerns. My mind might change after the bowl games though.

I also think this will be the year that the Bengals will invest in a QB somewhere in rounds 2-4. The defense really has no holes, but I think you will see the offense get some looks in this years draft. I would be ecstatic with Mardy Gilyard in the first and Jevan Snead possibly falling to the second. Might be a pipe dream though.

I thought about putting Berry in at Detroit, but they need somebody to protect Stafford. You could also make an argument for Dez Bryant, even with their reputation for wideouts.

The reason I put Mays at Oakland is because it is an Al Davis pick. Think Derrius Heyward-Bey over Michael Crabtree.
    That theory sounds great, but Al Davis is obsessed with speed and Mayes isn't exactly a speedster. The only tool Al Davis owns is a stop watch. He doesn't care much about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Theyve already got a better model... Pat White :
    Pat White is a better QB in general.

I should probably clarify that. In terms of superstar talent, this class is weak. Claussen is probably the closest thing to it but he is going to have to prove he belongs. The rest have their share of concerns. My mind might change after the bowl games though.

I also think this will be the year that the Bengals will invest in a QB somewhere in rounds 2-4. The defense really has no holes, but I think you will see the offense get some looks in this years draft. I would be ecstatic with Mardy Gilyard in the first and Jevan Snead possibly falling to the second. Might be a pipe dream though.
    I think they look OT and WR early in the draft. I agree with you I would like a project at QB in the mid to late rounds. Snead is a possibility.

While this QB class may lack luster, the same players didn't lack much luster last season. Bradford was a #1 pick and McCoy was a late round 1 guy early 2 guy. Its amazing how one year can change so much. I also would be wary of "great" classes and "average" classes. Too much is decided based on snap judgments instead of longer term projections.

As for Mays I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland takes him. I think he deserves to go in the mid to late 1st round but I think his combine will be great and he will move into the top 10, perfect for Al Davis.

I'd agree. There's not a "superstar" in this class, but it's pretty deep. Claussen is the most polished and NFL ready IMO. He'll be a pretty good NFL QB no matter what most ND haters think. . . and I'm one of them.

Turn Off Ads?