Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NFL Early Draft Entries

Re: NFL Early Draft Entries

What are the odds, does the board think, of Gilyard going to the Bengals?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    What are the odds, does the board think, of Gilyard going to the Bengals?
    Do we even know what round he will go in? I cant see him going much higher than 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Do we even know what round he will go in? I cant see him going much higher than 3rd or 4th.
    Ginn a better returner but an less polished WR went in the top 10.

Hester a better returner but had no position to play went in the 2nd round.

Gilyard has the height and speed to be a good NFL WR. He has the ability to take a kickoff or punt to the house. He is a perfect round 2 pick for a team like the Bengals. I wouldn't touch him in the 1st, as a Bengal, because I think there are more pressing needs (OT).

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ginn a better returner but an less polished WR went in the top 10.

Hester a better returner but had no position to play went in the 2nd round.

Gilyard has the height and speed to be a good NFL WR. He has the ability to take a kickoff or punt to the house. He is a perfect round 2 pick for a team like the Bengals. I wouldn't touch him in the 1st, as a Bengal, because I think there are more pressing needs (OT).
    Yeah. With his ability to be a big play maker, I'd be shocked if he didn't go in the 3rd round or higher. That being said, a lot can happen between now and draft day.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Mardy needs to add some weight.

You can take Jake Locker off the list of potential QBs taken in Rd 1 of the NFL Draft. ESPN is reporting that he is returning to the University of Washington for his senior season.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    You can take Jake Locker off the list of potential QBs taken in Rd 1 of the NFL Draft. ESPN is reporting that he is returning to the University of Washington for his senior season.
    Idiot.

Too much risk involved if you ask me to return to school looking at being a Top 5 pick (arguably the #1 pick).

He didn't learn from Sam Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Idiot.

Too much risk involved if you ask me to return to school looking at being a Top 5 pick (arguably the #1 pick).
    Ironic that you are calling a kid an idiot because he wants go back and pursue his college degree.

I will never criticize a player who wants to go back to school for a senior year. Some times they don't work, Sam Bradford, but at other times it is a smart decision. More than anything I would blame a head coach, Bob Stoops, for convincing a kid to come back to school.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Maybe Locker's family is loaded or maybe he just enjoys the college experience. Maybe both.

Good for him. Good for college football.

Ironic that you are calling a kid an idiot because he wants go back and pursue his college degree.

I will never criticize a player who wants to go back to school for a senior year. Some times they don't work, Sam Bradford, but at other times it is a smart decision. More than anything I would blame a head coach, Bob Stoops, for convincing a kid to come back to school.
    Yea he is an idiot. You never pass up being a top 5 pick.

Yea he is an idiot. You never pass up being a top 5 pick.
    Stay classy.

Stay classy.
    I cant for the life of me understand anyone who would advise anyone to pass up that much money in any situation. So in my mind yes he's being an idiot if he does. It's simply a dumb decision.

I cant for the life of me understand anyone who would advise anyone to pass up that much money in any situation. So in my mind yes he's being an idiot if he does. It's simply a dumb decision.
    Maybe there is more to Locker than money. Maybe it is a sense of community. Maybe he wants to be there when UW turns the corner. Maybe he wants to win a Heisman. Maybe he just really enjoys the college football lifestyle. Maybe he took out one heck of an insurance policy. Maybe his coach, who helped Palmer, Leinhart, Booty, and Sanchez told him stuff he needs to work on to be successful at the next level. Maybe he wants an education to fall back on after his playing career. I bet many of ex football players would want an education to fall back on after they go broke 5 years once they are done playing.

Maybe there is more to Locker than money. Maybe it is a sense of community. Maybe he wants to be there when UW turns the corner. Maybe he wants to win a Heisman. Maybe he just really enjoys the college football lifestyle. Maybe he took out one heck of an insurance policy. Maybe his coach, who helped Palmer, Leinhart, Booty, and Sanchez told him stuff he needs to work on to be successful at the next level. Maybe he wants an education to fall back on after his playing career. I bet many of ex football players would want an education to fall back on after they go broke 5 years once they are done playing.

I hope all that is true. However, college will always be there if he wants it. Sam Bradford went from Top 5 pick to low first/second round pick. That's a huge difference in money. Locker could not only finish his education at his leisure but he could have a building named after him with the money he could donate to UW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?