Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 259

Thread: NEVER talk to the police

  1. #16
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,913

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    I'd append: talk to lawyers sparingly.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Here's an idea: don't put yourself in a situation where you an on duty officer would want/need to talk to you.
    The whole point is you dont talk to them because you gain nothing. Cops generally aren't looking to be on your side. They are just trying to get you to say something that they can use in their investigation into if a crime is committed.

    Like I said I have never been arrested. I've maybe been to 3 bars in my life, never committed a crime other than speeding that I know of. I do know that they find and make up reasons to pull you over hoping to find reasons to arrest you. I've luckily never been doing anything wrong when these type of things occur, and likely never will be.
    Last edited by GIDP; 12-10-2009 at 11:09 AM.

  4. #18
    Beer is good!! George Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,728

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The whole point is you dont talk to them because you gain nothing. Cops generally aren't looking to be on your side. They are just trying to get you to say something that they can use in their investigation into if a crime is committed.

    .
    The older I get the more I realize that silence is golden.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

  5. #19
    Member 15fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,500

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Obviously, the context is completely different when you're buddies with police officers.
    So then the attorney's premise (or the title of the thread) of never talking to a police officer is flawed.

    Context matters.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    So then the attorney's premise (or the title of the thread) of never talking to a police officer is flawed.

    Context matters.
    You must have not watched the video.

  7. #21
    Member 15fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,500

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You must have not watched the video.
    Watched a couple of minutes. Long enough to remind myself that there are few things less painful than listening to an attorney drone on & on...about anything.

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Watched a couple of minutes. Long enough to remind myself that there are few things less painful than listening to an attorney drone on & on...about anything.
    Yea I figured this was the case.

  9. #23
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,106

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The whole point is you dont talk to them because you gain nothing. Cops generally aren't looking to be on your side. They are just trying to get you to say something that they can use in their investigation into if a crime is committed.

    Like I said I have never been arrested. I've maybe been to 3 bars in my life, never committed a crime other than speeding that I know of. I do know that they find and make up reasons to pull you over hoping to find reasons to arrest you. I've luckily never been doing anything wrong when these type of things occur, and likely never will be.
    They may try to find something to ticket you for, but I highly doubt they are looking for something to arrest you for without a reason to be looking for it (swerving across lanes, funny smells when they approach the car, you seem way more nervous than you should be).

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    They may try to find something to ticket you for, but I highly doubt they are looking for something to arrest you for without a reason to be looking for it (swerving across lanes, funny smells when they approach the car, you seem way more nervous than you should be).
    Unless none of those things are true and they just make them up. Like I said ive been pulled over for brake lights not working before but magically they work every time but the 1 time a cop is behind me. Do you think its possible that a cop might have lied? Seems fairly obvious to me.

  11. #25
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Unless none of those things are true and they just make them up. Like I said ive been pulled over for brake lights not working before but magically they work every time but the 1 time a cop is behind me. Do you think its possible that a cop might have lied? Seems fairly obvious to me.
    Okay, so they pull you over for the brake light. You show them that they do, indeed, work. You do nothing illegal or suspicious. You move on your way.

  12. #26
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,106

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Unless none of those things are true and they just make them up. Like I said ive been pulled over for brake lights not working before but magically they work every time but the 1 time a cop is behind me. Do you think its possible that a cop might have lied? Seems fairly obvious to me.
    Did you get a ticket?

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Okay, so they pull you over for the brake light. You show them that they do, indeed, work. You do nothing illegal or suspicious. You move on your way.
    I moved on my way but you dont find that them pulling me over for absolutely no reason a problem? I find it to be a big problem. Especially when you have no way of proving that they are doing it because by all accounts its possible that the brake light didnt work that one magical time that a cop just happened to be behind you.

    Its shady and this is why you should never talk to a cop. They arent out to serve and protect you. They are out to arrest you.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Did you get a ticket?
    What could I get a ticket for? The brake lights worked. He just wanted to make up a reason to pull me over. You cant go to a car and say "Im just pulling you over for the fun of it. I dont think you did anything wrong but ha guess what I'm still checking HA IM A COP." I'm no cop but I'm just guessing that you might get into some trouble for pulling people over for no reason non stop. Of course if you say a brake light didnt work then you have a reason, even if it was a lie.

  15. #29
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,106

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    What could I get a ticket for? The brake lights worked. He just wanted to make up a reason to pull me over. You cant go to a car and say "Im just pulling you over for the fun of it. I dont think you did anything wrong but ha guess what I'm still checking HA IM A COP." I'm no cop but I'm just guessing that you might get into some trouble for pulling people over for no reason non stop. Of course if you say a brake light didnt work then you have a reason, even if it was a lie.
    Maybe you were profiled and they needed a reason to pull you over? Wrong neighborhood, wrong time, looked suspicious, heck maybe there is even a chance that your brake light didn't work that one time because of a loose wire. The cops aren't out to bust you. Especially you, who claims to be doing nothing wrong.

  16. #30
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,388

    Re: NEVER talk to the police

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Unless none of those things are true and they just make them up. Like I said ive been pulled over for brake lights not working before but magically they work every time but the 1 time a cop is behind me. Do you think its possible that a cop might have lied? Seems fairly obvious to me.
    Wow, that's crazy- what did you tell them?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25