Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Cline

1 1.37%
  • Matt Fairel

2 2.74%
  • Josh Fellhauer

11 15.07%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Harold Johnson

0 0%
  • Donnie Joseph

15 20.55%
  • Sam Lecure

4 5.48%
  • Logan Ondrusek

2 2.74%
  • Henry Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Miguel Rojas

4 5.48%
  • Enerio Del Rosario

6 8.22%
  • Mark Serrano

3 4.11%
  • Jordan Smith

5 6.85%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

13 17.81%
  • Mace Thurman

1 1.37%
  • Daniel Tuttle

2 2.74%
  • Philippe-Alexandre Valiquette

1 1.37%
  • Humberto Valor

0 0%
  • Pedro Viola

3 4.11%
  • Other - Name him

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

Voted Serrano!!!

Time to put the #1 centerfielder in the whole system, DAVID SAPPELT, on the board!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Daddy View Post
    Voted Serrano!!!

Time to put the #1 centerfielder in the whole system, DAVID SAPPELT, on the board!
    Except he isn't that. Range wise maybe. Overall defensively, no. Overall package wise, no.

I agree. He's underrated here.

Logan and Joseph are pretty close in my eyes. My concern with Logan is his lack of a use of anything other than a fastball. In the AFL he threw a fastball 85% of the time and from watching him in AAA it was more of the same during the season. Joseph having a plus breaking ball that he uses often got him as my highest rated reliever. EDR looks like more of a 7th inning guy though, where the other guys could be 8th inning guys.
    Ondrusek is fastball-cutter. I don't know that he needs more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Ondrusek is fastball-cutter. I don't know that he needs more than that.
    The cut fastball is the most effective pitch in baseball, so that certainly does work in his favor. There were only 21 pitchers who threw either a FB or CFB over 80% of the time last year. Some good names on that list though. Still, until I see him do it successfully in the majors I will remain skeptical that both of his pitches are good enough to get it done without mixing in something else every now and again.

A guy who is one tweak away from being in the majors and a high leverage LH arm. Pedro Viola!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I think this is the hardest field to separate that I've seen. I can eliminate the V guys--Valor, Valiquette and Viola--but then I'm stuck. And it's late. I'll try again tomorrow.

Time to go for Juan Carlos Sulburan... Lot's of upside if he can put it all together...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I accidently voted Tyler Cline. Please disregard.

Put me down for ENR I guess. 19-22 could be in any order IMO (ENR, Joseph, JCS, Ondrusek)

Went with Tuttle, simply because he gives me less pause than anyone else. Cline and Jacob Johnson are in the same boat, but I shaded toward Tuttle because it was his first year in pro ball (unlike Cline) and (vis-a-vis Johnson) he was (more) highly regarded in the draft. I may have to go with Johnson next, because I think those two are neck-and-neck at this stage.
    Last edited by mace; 12-11-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Matt Fairel. Seems to be overlooked and had the best year of any starter left.
    yeah, didn't he get more votes when y'all were still voting in the top 10? Did everyone forget?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Went with Tuttle, simply because he gives me less pause than anyone else. Cline and Jacob Johnson are in the same boat, but I shaded toward Tuttle because it was his first year in pro ball (unlike Cline) and (vis-a-vis Johnson) he was (more) highly regarded in the draft. I may have to go with Johnson next, because I think those two are neck-and-neck at this stage.
    I like your thinking. He'll probably be my next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    yeah, didn't he get more votes when y'all were still voting in the top 10? Did everyone forget?
    The problem with Fairel is that DirtyDoug says his fastball maxes out at around 88 mph. That's just not much ceiling. That doesn't mean he won't be good, it just hurts his chances and doesn't make him a great prospect IMO.

The problem with Fairel is that DirtyDoug says his fastball maxes out at around 88 mph. That's just not much ceiling. That doesn't mean he won't be good, it just hurts his chances and doesn't make him a great prospect IMO.
    I don't recall saying that. Fairel gets a little higher than that, but he does work in the upper 80's, touching 90.

uh....this is #19...how "great" do you think #19 is? At this point, a SP prospect that has pretty good stuff is worth a hell of a lot more than almost any RP prospect. IMHO

Bum

Turn Off Ads?