Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ethics Question

Ethics Question

I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you fantasy players regarding an incident that just happened. Scenario is expensive league, thousand dollar buy in, fifty dollars per loss, and waiver players are bid on, so a substantial amount of money is at stake.

What happened was, a player that i was tied with for fourth place (and the final playoff spot) called a player that i was playing and told him that his kicker was inactive for this past game. Five minutes before lineups lock in he changes his kicker, who of course scores 12 points, and I lose by 4 points. Should I be upset, or is it fair game?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ethics Question

I wouldn't call it an ethics violation, but I can understand why you would be angry about it too.

It is a tough situation that can be blamed on the jerk that didn't properly set his lineup.

Think about it from your competitor's point of view. He is fighting for the last playoff spot. He has a tough game against an opponent that is trying to defeat him. Then he sees that his competitor for that last playoff spot is matched up against a guy that is not even trying to win. He is thinking "Why should I have to fight for a win when my competitor is being handed an easy victory? It isn't fair."

I believe it is unethical to agree to participate in a fantasy league and then fail to manage the team properly. The guy that had to be reminded to set his lineup was the one that was unethical.

Very true Atomic, and good point. This guy fell out of the race pretty early, but no one said anything prior to this week. I don't know if I am upset about it or not, I wasn't initially, but others in the league say that it is wrong and that I should be upset.

Did the commish remind teams, even the ones without a shot, to set their lineups?

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    Very true Atomic, and good point. This guy fell out of the race pretty early, but no one said anything prior to this week. I don't know if I am upset about it or not, I wasn't initially, but others in the league say that it is wrong and that I should be upset.
    I would probably be upset too, don't get me wrong. I would also be upset at the guy that failed to set his lineup properly each week. The guy that made the phone call was being a bit of a jerk, but I think he had a right to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Did the commish remind teams, even the ones without a shot, to set their lineups?
    No. And to be fair to the guy who didn't set his lineup, the kicker wasnt announced till prior to the game. (New Orleans) the guy who didnt set his lineup was sleeping at the time and received a phone call to reset his lineup.
    Oh well, I still got one more week, and if there is any karma at all, i can still win....

Oh well, I still got one more week, and if there is any karma at all, i can still win....
    Make sure to check the lineup of the guy your competitor is playing -- just to make sure you don't need to make a phone call!

Update: I pulled it off. My nemesis lost his last game and I won mine, with the points tiebreaker in my favor. There really is a fantasy god......

I don't see that the guy who made the phone call did anything wrong. Why was he a jerk or a cheat for paying attention?

Must be nice to have enough money to throw down $1k + on fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Must be nice to have enough money to throw down $1k + on fantasy football
    Just because its used for a purpose doesn't mean they have it

Too be honest with you I am the poorest out of the ten guys who play. What is worse, I am their boss and they make more money than I do. Crazy world. They are fantasy fanatics, playing in at least four leagues each, including the WCOFF, which is at least another thousand dollars to join. (I think anyway) All of them made the playoffs in that league. So it is a big deal that a rookie came in and made the playoffs on them.....

Too be honest with you I am the poorest out of the ten guys who play. What is worse, I am their boss and they make more money than I do. Crazy world. They are fantasy fanatics, playing in at least four leagues each, including the WCOFF, which is at least another thousand dollars to join. (I think anyway) All of them made the playoffs in that league. So it is a big deal that a rookie came in and made the playoffs on them.....
    Michael Scott a member of RZ! Who knew?

I'd fire the (oops) who tried to sabotage your team.
    Last edited by TeamSelig; 12-17-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: filtered

I did tell that I couldn't give them the time off for the WCOFF football draft a few months ago. Next thing you know, I had a free trip to Vegas for four days at the MGM. They got the time off.

Turn Off Ads?