Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Steelers at Browns

Re: Steelers at Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Every team has injuries. The Bengals have lost Antwan Odom, Roy Williams, and Chris Henry for the year. They've seen Keith Rivers miss significant time and had Chris Crocker sit out as well. Domato Peko has been hurt. They lost the top two tight ends on their depth chart before the season even started. If losing Polamalu is enough to cause their season to go in the tank, then they weren't very good this season to begin with.
    Exactly.

And the Browns have been playing without some very key defensive players, especially in that Thursday night game..... Rogers, Poole, Coleman were all out.

We had a guy playing out of position at safety for cryin' out loud!.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Exactly.

And the Browns have been playing without some very key defensive players, especially in that Thursday night game..... Rogers, Poole, Coleman were all out.

We had a guy playing out of position at safety for cryin' out loud!.
    Yep. We have lost our opening day starter at WILB, SILB, FS, NT, DE, RB. Not to mention Tucker before the season, Braylon trade (good trade, though), our starting OLB now at ILB, new starting DE. We have a WR playing safety, two guys that were promoted from the practice squad with four sacks Thursday, a guy picked up off waivers at the other OLB, a special teamer playing ILB/OLB. Rob Ryan should be coach of the year for what he did Thursday with all those scrubs*.

*joke
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Oh there's no question that it's not the same team as it was earlier in the year. My only argument is that they're not "quitting." Maybe they're discouraged and down on their luck, but I don't think anyone is giving less of an effort.
    Argument is an interesting choice of words. Who are you arguing with? I never said they quit. I was blaming the O-coordinator

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Pittsburgh Steelers:
    Sources tell us that Special Teams coach Bob Ligashesky will be released at the end of the season. According to our source, Offensive Coordinator Bruce
    Arians and Offensive Line Coach Larry Zierlein will be also be released at the end of the season.
    http://footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

Good call, Sea Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    To the Steelers credit they are an organization that holds their employees accountable

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Argument is an interesting choice of words. Who are you arguing with? I never said they quit. I was blaming the O-coordinator
    Are we talking Browns? Then yes, SOME blame can be put on the OC. But not all of it. We have some "holes" (lack of talent) on this team on the offensive side that have to be addressed.

We took a HUGE hit in our receiving corp, irregardless that they were good moves, with the trades of Edwards and Winslow, and the loss of Stallworth.

Losing rookie RB Davis, who had a productive pre-season, in the first game of the season also didn't help matters.

So the Browns have some issues to address in the off-season no doubt. But we are a young team, we have 11 picks, so I still hold onto my optimism.

Injuries aside, which are part of the game, we need to add TALENT in certain areas obviously.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-14-2009 at 05:40 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Are we talking Browns? Then yes, SOME blame can be put on the OC. But not all of it. We have some "holes" (lack of talent) on this team on the offensive side that have to be addressed.

We took a HUGE hit in our receiving corp, irregardless that they were good moves, with the trades of Edwards and Winslow, and the loss of Stallworth.

Losing rookie RB Davis, who had a productive pre-season, in the first game of the season also didn't help matters.

So the Browns have some issues to address in the off-season no doubt. But we are a young team, we have 11 picks, so I still hold onto my optimism.

Injuries aside, which are part of the game, we need to add TALENT in certain areas obviously.
    No, we weren't talking Browns. As you recall, the Browns won so quitting on their part wasn't even brought up.

The first thing the Browns have to address in the off season, you didn't even touch on. What to do with the QB situation...

When you lose games to KC, Oakland, and Cleveland there is something definitely wrong with your team. You can blame it on injuries and coaching all you want and granted that has something to do with it. However you have to hold the players somewhat accountable as well. Pittsburgh still has enough talent on that team, much more talent than the bottom feeders they have lost to. I really think some of the players have lost faith in the leadership of that team. Quiting might be a little harsh but to say they have no confidence in some of the coaching might be pretty close. When players lose faith bad things happen.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?